ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom

5 posters

Go down

'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom Empty 'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:54 am

'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom
'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom Joshurbiztondo3

“The first three days I was there she was still unconscious I was just praying by her side, I was telling her, 'Open your eyes.’ I told her I was there, and when she heard my voice, it gave her a push and she was opening her eyes, she was moving her eyebrows,” Josh Urbiztondo recalls. “And then I saw tears come down her face. I was just so thankful from that moment on it just kept on progressing.” Jerome Ascano

A SELF-CONFESSED mama’s boy, it’s understandable if Barangay Ginebra guard Josh Urbiztondo is aching to win a PBA championship this conference more than ever.

Urbiztondo just came back on Wednesday morning from the United States where he attended to his ailing mother, a worrying situation that left him no choice but to him to miss the first three games of the Kings’ best-of-seven Philippine Cup semifinals series against San Mig Coffee Mixers.

They Said It!
“I want to win for my mom, this is all dedicated to her. And that's what the guys said also." Barangay Ginebra guard Josh Urbiztondo
What Reader's Say
we hope that your mother gets well josh. -troll_hater
Reply to Comment

And he admitted his mother’s condition is a major motivation for him to go out there and help the Kings win the all-Filipino championship.

“Me being there, her youngest son, she really gave that fight and that push to get well,” said Urbiztondo when Spin.ph caught up with him on Wednesday night after Game Four of the series which Ginebra won, 85-82, at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum.

“So I also have commitment here and be with the guys and the journey to win the championship.”

According to the Fil-Am guard, his mother underwent gall bladder surgery in the US which, unfortunately, led to a series of complications.

“She underwent a gall bladder removal so bad there is a leakage that caused her kidney failure and there's acute pancreatitis and after that she had pneumonia and she had trouble breathing,” Urbiztondo explained with obvious sadness in his voice.

To her credit, the 58-year old mother of two is now getting better, according to his basketball player son.

“Once I saw her progressing, I didn't want to leave her until I see some improvement, not complete improvement but enough for me to come back. I also have a commitment here but it's family first,” he said.

Being by his mother's side in the time she needed him most was Josh's way of encouraging her to get well.

“I was there talking to her and praying by her bedside. She woke up, and thank God she just keeps progressing and getting better each day,” he said.

“The first three days I was there she was still unconscious I was just praying by her side, I was telling her, 'Open your eyes.’ I told her I was there, and when she heard my voice, it gave her a push and she was opening her eyes, she was moving her eyebrows,” Urbiztondo recalled.

“And then I saw tears come down her face. I was just so thankful from that moment on it just kept on progressing.”

That made Josh even more motivated to win yet another championship – both for Ginebra and his mother

“So now I want to win for my mom, this is all dedicated to her. And that's what the guys (Kings) said also.”

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom Empty Re: 'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom

Post by MR. FAST Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

Gamitin mo coach ato si Josh sigurado puputok yan!
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom Empty Re: 'Mama's boy' Josh Urbiztondo motivated to win championship for ailing mom

Post by garrett_jax Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:42 am

kung gamitin sana xia ........ wag masyadong trigger happy ...... hehehehe
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by wnc19 Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:49 pm

tulungan mo ang team Josh, by all means, mapa-defense or offense, sure yan gagamitin ka ni coach Ato bukas, kailangan ng teammates mo ang experience mo sa playoffs
wnc19
wnc19
Bench Player
Bench Player

Male Posts : 333
Humor : SVS or nothing =D

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Playoff experience yan lamang nya kay Monfort tas pesky defense pa para kay Baroks..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by raqui2101 Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:55 pm

need talaga ng defense ni josh ngyon kasi kinakain ng buo ni barocca si monfort.
raqui2101
raqui2101
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down