ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game

4 posters

Go down

Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game Empty Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Mon May 13, 2013 12:00 am

Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game Heltercaguioa

MARK Caguioa considers his knee injury a blessing in disguise as it gave his longtime backcourt mate Jayjay Helterbrand a second wind in his seemingly sagging PBA career.

Caguioa said he was happy to see his 36-year-old buddy play like he was in his 20s, back in the days when the 'Fast and the Furious' was the most feared backcourt in the pro league.

“It’s a blessing that I got injured because he (Helterbrand) had more time to play,” said Caguioa, who made a surprise 35-second appearance in the deciding Game Five of the Commissioner’s Cup semifinals series against Talk `N Text.

Caguioa scored two points in the series-clinching 111-103 victory Sunday before an overflow crowd at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

For every Helterbrand jump shot, Caguioa was seen on the bench jumping, pumping his fist, or exchanging high-fives with the rest of the Ginebra players.

The rejuvenated Helterbrand, who averaged just 3.6 points during the eliminations, raised his production in the semis to 11.5 points, three rebounds, and 1.5 assists.

He reserved his best for last as he finished with 15 points, five rebounds, and five assists in an off-the-bench role during Sunday’s series-clinching win.

“I don’t care if I’m a franchise player or star player, it doesn’t matter to me anymore. I’ve been in the PBA 13 years. I play for the fans, my teammates, and the team and as long as everyone is happy, I’m happy too,” added the 33-year-old Caguioa, the reigning league MVP.

The Ginebra superstar said he’s even ready to come off the bench and spell Helterbrand in the Finals against Alaska starting with Game One on Wednesday.

“I’m always gonna be ready (to play in the Finals). My teammates brought me here to the championship series. Sana naman I can return the favor to them. I’m not gonna score 20 points in the game but I just want to win,” explained Caguioa, who has missed the team’s last 11 games owing to an MCL injury.

SOURCE: SPIN.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game Empty Re: Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game

Post by ruxs_14 Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 am

mas maganda to, kasi hindi na matatawag na mark caguioa's team ang ginebra, kahit magbalik sya, he is willing to play as a role player... biruin nyo parang magiging tnt or ROS team ang ginebra, walang iisang player ang aangat kundi balance sa scoring... tingin ko kapag nangyari yun mas malaki chance natin makakuha ng marami pang championship at sana this time maka isa na ulet tayo...
ruxs_14
ruxs_14
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2739

Back to top Go down

Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game Empty Re: Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game

Post by MR. FAST Tue May 14, 2013 10:09 am

Kayang manalo ng ginebra kahit wala si MC.. yung ibang team ba kayang makapasok ng finals kahit wala yung super star player nila? Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game 3503741433

Eto ang isa sa mga maraming positive results sa pagkakainjured ni MC, nanumbalik yung kumpyansa at laro ni idol! keep it up JJ! wag ka muna magreretire marami ka pang ipapakain na palay at bigas sa mga kritiko mo dati Caguioa happy to see his injury clear way for revival of pal Helterbrand's game 3503741433
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 am

sigurodong back up muna si idol mc kay jj ngaung finals ................ ang ganda ng laro ni jayjay, sana maging consistent xia ........
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by ruxs_14 Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 am

oo backup muna sya, buti pwede na sya maglaro kasi wala tayo magiging problema just in case mapagaralan ng aces ang mga guards natin...
ruxs_14
ruxs_14
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2739

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down