ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellis eyeing to play for national team again

2 posters

Go down

Ellis eyeing to play for national team again Empty Ellis eyeing to play for national team again

Post by ruxs_14 Sun May 05, 2013 12:04 am

Ellis eyeing to play for national team again Nuki-chrisellis

DIGOS CITY - After running away with the slam dunk title in the PBA All-Star festivities, high-flying Ginebra rookie Chris Ellis is now setting his sight of suiting up again for the national team.

Having been part of the victorious Sinag Pilipinas basketball team that won the gold in the 2011 Southeast Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia, the 6-foot-4 Ellis definitely knows how it feels to represent the country in an international competition.

“It’s an unbelievable feeling playing for Sinag.Just wearing the (Philippine) jersey, I was so proud and it made my mother proud also. It’s just an amazing feeling and there was so much adrenaline going. You can really feel the Filipino pride,” the Ginebra freshman beamed as he talked to Spin.ph.

Ellis and the rest of Sinag Pilipinas whipped Thailand, 85-57, in the game for the basketball gold as the Filipinos preserved their dominance of the sport in the Southeast Asian region.

The rookie admitted the competition in the SEA Games is nowhere near the level of both the Asian Games and the FIBA-Asia tournament.

But if given another chance to wear the country’s colors, Ellis said he’ll definitely grab the opportunity again.

“Playing for the national team? I’m already saying yes,” he said. “I always wanted to go against China and test ourselves against countries like that. With the right people on the team, I believe we can make it to the Olympics.”

But for now Ellis said his goal is to give Gilas Pilipinas a tough time in their All-Star game showdown against the PBA Selection in the hopes of helping the national squad prepare for its build up for the FIBA-Asia Men’s Championships set in Manila this August.

Ellis is one of only two rookies voted by the fans to start for the PBA All-Star squad to be handled by coach Luigi Trillo.

The two teams tangle in the centerpiece event of the All-Star weekend on Sunday at 5 p.m. at the Davao del Sur Coliseum here.

SOURCE: SPIN.ph
ruxs_14
ruxs_14
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2739

Back to top Go down

Ellis eyeing to play for national team again Empty Re: Ellis eyeing to play for national team again

Post by ruxs_14 Sun May 05, 2013 12:08 am

sa totoo lang, mas gagaling ka pa sana kung mas magiging aggressive ka sa rim.... gamitin mo sana yun athletecism mo, sana makita kita na lage mag drive sa basket... sa nakikita ko kasi ngayon kapag may bantay sya hindi sya umaatake, kapag naiiwan sya mag isa sa perimeter, tumitira na lang sya ng jumpshot instead na i lay up or i dunk yun bola, kaso parang takot bumangga sa ibang player...
ruxs_14
ruxs_14
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2739

Back to top Go down

Ellis eyeing to play for national team again Empty Re: Ellis eyeing to play for national team again

Post by ASTIGinebra Sun May 05, 2013 10:15 am

ruxs_14 wrote:sa totoo lang, mas gagaling ka pa sana kung mas magiging aggressive ka sa rim.... gamitin mo sana yun athletecism mo, sana makita kita na lage mag drive sa basket... sa nakikita ko kasi ngayon kapag may bantay sya hindi sya umaatake, kapag naiiwan sya mag isa sa perimeter, tumitira na lang sya ng jumpshot instead na i lay up or i dunk yun bola, kaso parang takot bumangga sa ibang player...

Agree ako dito Ellis eyeing to play for national team again 848611417

ASTIGinebra
New comer
New comer

Male Posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down