ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellis happy to join 'Jawo's team'

2 posters

Go down

Ellis happy to join 'Jawo's team' Empty Ellis happy to join 'Jawo's team'

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Ellis happy to join 'Jawo's team'
By Richard Dy
August 29, 2012, 03:17 pm

Ellis happy to join 'Jawo's team' 503dcd15141bc

THIS early, Chris Ellis is feeling the weight of expectations of Barangay Ginebra and its legion of supporters.

But that only gives him the extra motivation to work hard.

“It’s crazy because looking back, the only player my mom knew in the PBA before she left for the United States more than 20 years ago was (Robert) Jaworski,” Ellis told Spin.ph shortly after the team’s practice at the Xavier gym.

Ellis, Ginebra’s sixth overall draft pick, recounted that he first heard of the PBA when he played against some former PBA stars who played a series of exhibition games against a Fil-Am team in Tampa, Florida.

The athletic Ellis remembered chatting with former PBA great Abe King, ex-Ginebra hotshot Elmer Lago, Edward Naron and Rey Lazaro during their exhibition matches in the United States.

“They were talking about the PBA and Ginebra and how that team was really popular in the Philippines. I was kind of interested to see how things are doing in the Philippines. And now, here I am, about to play in the PBA and then getting drafted by Ginebra as well. It’s just amazing and I’m really, really blessed,” beamed the high-leaping Ellis, who is set to sign a multi-million-peso deal with the Gin Kings within the week.

Ellis is confident that Ginebra’s veteran-laden team is capable of coming up with an explosive showing in the coming 38th PBA season.

“We had a great time in practice today. We’ve got a lot of athletic players and experienced players in the team,” added Ellis, who is expected to provide scoring spunk and support to a team of veterans led by last season’s MVP Mark Caguioa, Jay-jay Helterbrand, Mike Cortez, Kerby Raymundo and Rico Villanueva.

Source: spin.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Ellis happy to join 'Jawo's team' Empty Re: Ellis happy to join 'Jawo's team'

Post by ruxs_14 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 pm

eto ang gusto ko sa isang player... un hindi nag hahangad ng mahabang playing time...bago sya mag pa draft hindi ganon ka impressive ang scoring stats nya... pero un leaping ability nya yan ang hinahanap ngayon ng ginebra... sigurado katatakutan na din ng ibang team ang low post.. kasi may sasalaksak na sa loob... di tulad dati puro sa outside lang binabantayan ng kalaban na team ang ginebra... ngayon meron na tayo ellis and jensen na mahilig mag drive sa loob... :naughty:
ruxs_14
ruxs_14
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2739

Back to top Go down