ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter

4 posters

Go down

Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter Empty Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:07 am

Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter

MANILA - Barangay Ginebra is no doubt the most popular team in the Philippines, and this is where rookie Chris Ellis owes his inclusion to the starting unit of the PBA All-Star selection that will face the Gilas-Pilipinas national team on May 6 in Digos, Davao del Sur.

Ellis confessed to Solar Sports Desk that he was quite surprised upon learning that he made it to the top five starters of the squad that rookie coach Luigi Trillo will be steering.

“It was a major surprise (to me), the fans they really support their players very much… But I really did not think that I will be voted to the All-Stars, let alone, be a starter,” said the 2012 PBA draft 6th overall pick.

“Ginebra is everything… that’s the main reason I made to the All-Stars in my rookie year, and Ginebra is the main reason for everything in my life right now,” Ellis added.

The high flying forward also attributed his energy every game as another reason why the fans picked him.

Ellis is also excited to work-out and hone his skills more to give the fans more excitement in the annual event.

“I assure the fans that I’ll be out there to give them a show,” he emphasized.

Aside from Ellis, this year’s top vote-getter James Yap will be in the All-Stars starting five for the tenth straight year.

Ellis’ teammate Mark Caguioa, rookie Calvin Abueva (Alaska) and Arwind Santos (Petron) also made it to the elite group.

Also in the team are Air 21’s KG Canaleta, Petron’s Alex Cabagnot, Jay Washington and Marcio Lassiter, Jayvee Casio and Cyrus Baguio of Alaska and Rain or Shine’s Beau Belga.

The Gilas-Pilipinas side will paraded by members of the 17-man pool chosen by national mentor Chot Reyes.

Reyes told Solar Sports Desk that he has not decided yet on his starting unit for the May 6 one night only match.

This year’s all star formatted deviated from the usual rookies, sophomores and juniors versus veterans format to give the national team the needed exposure to prepare for the 2013 FIBA -Asia Championship, which the country will be hosting on August 1-11.

Source: Solarsportsdesk.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter Empty Re: Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter

Post by garrett_jax Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:08 am

congratz ellis ........ sana galingan mo at gumawa ng 45pts ............ Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter 250319431
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter Empty Re: Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter

Post by MR. FAST Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:09 am

Dakdakan na! Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter 4240145056

Showtime Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter 1379756038
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:12 am

sana si vmack ang import ............ Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter 992468779

ang liit ng mga locals ........ Ginebra's Ellis happy to be voted in as All-Star starter 3402580550
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by nolzky83 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:17 am

slum dunk champion ka na
nolzky83
nolzky83
Mythical 5
Mythical 5

Male Posts : 1187

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down