ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's home, sweet home for Caguioa as injury spoils Lenten vacation

2 posters

Go down

It's home, sweet home for Caguioa as injury spoils Lenten vacation Empty It's home, sweet home for Caguioa as injury spoils Lenten vacation

Post by garrett_jax Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:04 pm

HE recent injury suffered by superstar Mark Caguioa didn’t just stymie his splendid stint with Barangay Ginebra in the ongoing PBA Commissioner’s Cup, but it also spoiled his Holy Week plans.

Caguioa, 33, admitted he’s already booked for an out-of-town trip during the Lenten break until he suffered a sprained MCL in the left knee during Ginebra's game against Meralco last March 22.

“I had plans of going somewhere, but since I’m injured, I am just gonna stay home,” said Caguioa in his message to Spin.ph.

The weekend getaway could have been a fitting rest for the popular cager who had been a workhorse for Ginebra and playing at a high level since the start of the season.

Prior to his injury, Caguioa was showing the way in the Commissioner’s Cup statistical race with averages of 22.78 points, 4.67 rebounds, 3.44 assists, and 1 steal.

But he has already accepted his fate and now looks forward to getting back in shape.

“Nothing we can do. I just have to rest my knee and make sure I get back on time,” added the high-scoring guard who’s projected to be out for two weeks.

Meanwhile, Spin.ph went out and asked other players about their plans for the long Lenten weekend.

Alex Cabagnot (Petron): Thursday and Friday (we’re off from practice). Will visit Churches lang here in Manila. Enjoy the Manila streets without traffic.

James Yap (San Mig Coffee): Wala kaming bakasyon. Practice, practice hahaha.

Cyrus Baguio (Alaska): Akyat kami ng Tagaytay. Bonding with the families of Sonny Thoss and Jay-R Reyes.

Danny Seigle (Barako Bull): I’ll (just) be in Manila spending the next few days with my team as we prepare for our game on Easter Sunday. Wishing you and everyone safe travels and a peaceful Holy Week.

Mark Cardona (Meralco): Baka mag-alay lakad lang ako sa Antipolo. Pero Manila lang din ako para makapag-spend ng time sa mga kapatid ko galing Canada and United States. Dito kasi dalawa kong kapatid and my two nephews.

Sean Anthony (Barako Bull): We have one day off (from practice). I plan to take my little brothers who are visiting to either scuba dive in Anilao or wakeboard at Republic Water Park in Santa Rosa (Laguna).

Paul Lee (Rain or Shine): Dito lang kami Manila. Ikot-ikot sa mga simbahan at mga kamag-anak namin.

Solomon Mercado (Globalport): I have no plans yet (for the holidays). Probably just be here relaxing and getting healthy.

Jimmy Alapag (Talk N’ Text): No big plans for the Holy Week. Will just be here in Manila resting and spending time with my family.

Gary David (Globalport): Uwi lang kami ng Bulacan sa in-laws ko tapos Bisita Iglesia kami. Tapos baka pumunta kami sa Rizal, may grotto daw dun eh. Lagi naman kaming nag-iikot ng mga simbahan pag ganitong panahon.

Gabe Norwood (Rain or Shine): Still not sure about Thursday. Sunday will be spent playing against Air 21.

Marc Pingris (San Mig Coffee): May practice kami kaya no holiday para sa akin. Hehehe. Pero after practice baka punta lang kami sa bahay ni Daddy Vic (Sotto).

Mike Cortez (Air 21): I’m probably going (for a short trip) to my wife’s province in Agoo, La Union. More kami sa reflection and also nandito `yung family (ng misis ko) galing sa States so sama-sama lahat pagbalik sa probinsya niya.

LA Tenorio (Barangay Ginebra): I will spend this holidays dito lang sa Manila. It’s my son’s (Santi) 1st birthday this Friday (March 29) kasi. Besides we already have practice Sunday.

Jeff Chan (Rain or Shine): Baka bahay lang ako. Pahinga. No vacation for me. May laro ng Sunday eh.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @snowbadua
source:spin.ph
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

It's home, sweet home for Caguioa as injury spoils Lenten vacation Empty Re: It's home, sweet home for Caguioa as injury spoils Lenten vacation

Post by MR. FAST Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 am

Rest ka nalang Mr. MVP! It's home, sweet home for Caguioa as injury spoils Lenten vacation 1340292124
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down