ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painters won't drop guard against Kings

Go down

Painters won't drop guard against Kings Empty Painters won't drop guard against Kings

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Painters won't drop guard against Kings 480139_614970128518383_182961519_n

RAIN or Shine coach Yeng Guiao believes it wouldn’t be long until Barangay Ginebra climbs out of the cellar, but the Elasto Painters try to keep the Kings pinned down for a while longer as they clash in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup on Sunday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Guiao says the Gin Kings (1-4) are a dangerous squad despite their early struggles this conference, which is also why the Elasto Painters (3-1) are looking for a quick knockout win in their 6:30 p.m. match up.

“Of course, every time you win, it perks up your confidence, especially Ginebra. Saka tingin ko, it’s just a matter of time at makukuha din nila iyan (winning ways) since bago din kasi coach nila tapos bago din ang sistema,” Guiao said.

“I don’t think they’ll stay at the cellar for so long.”

Alfrancis Chua finally steered the Gin Kings to their first victory this year and for this conference when they scored a clinical 93-72 drubbing of the Barako Bull Energy Cola on Wednesday night at the Big Dome.

Mark Caguioa, import Vernon Macklin and newly acquired forward Mac Baracael led Barangay Ginebra, combining for 58 points that overwhelmed a struggling Barako Bull side.

Macklin’s low-post game though will be seriously tested against Rain or Shine’s towering and beefy frontline led by 7’3” import Bruno Sundov and locals Beau Belga, JR Quinahan and Jervy Cruz.

“He’s (Sundov) always a problem for opposing teams because of his size,” Guiao noted of his Croatian reinforcement, who averages 20.2 and 12.5 rebounds in 33.5 minutes.

On the other hand, Chua sees the game against Rain or Shine as a physical matchup, though he reiterated they won’t back down in any way.

“I trust my players and I know they’re gonna play well. Ngayon itong laban namin against Rain or Shine, pisikalan na laban ito. I hope we’re gonna play the same way or mas higit pa dahil Rain or Shine is a champion team,” Chua noted.

SOURCE: SPIN.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down