ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava

3 posters

Go down

Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava Empty Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava

Post by athankings Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava

Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava Greg-slaughter-ginebra-barako

Barangay Ginebra San Miguel center Greg Slaughter has lived up to his status as the top overall pick in this year’s draft, averaging a double-double in his first six games in the PBA.

He hopes to carry that momentum as he gears up for a matchup against ageless Asi Taulava when the Gin Kings take on the Air 21 Express on Wednesday.

At 40 years old, Taulava remains one of the top centers in the league, finishing with 16 points and 18 rebounds during his matchup with top Petron center June Mar Fajardo last week.

Slaughter reveals that he and Taulava share a bond, having played together in the national team in the past. The Ginebra rookie, in fact, considers Taulava a “kuya” for him.

But when they go head-to-head, Slaughter said there will be no quarters given on either side.

“Yeah, you know I’m going to try to use everything he taught me, and hope I’m a little familiar in how he plays,” said Slaughter.

Ginebra superstar Mark Caguioa sees Slaughter having his hands full against the veteran slotman, noting that the neophyte had a tough time against Taulava during the two teams’ preseason tuneup game.

But Caguioa added that a different Slaughter may be facing off against Taulava.

“Looking at Greg’s game, parang nag-mature siya kaagad from the preseason, right where he played his first game, every game there’s always an improvement,” said Caguioa.

Ginebra playmaker LA Tenorio, for his part, believes Slaughter will take Taulava head on, with both men having something to prove.

“I always keep on reminding him to play your game don’t be too eager to prove yourself,” said Tenorio.

Source: Interaksyon.com
athankings
athankings
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 5740
Humor : I may look tough, but inside I'm easily broken. My words may seem strong, but inside I've never spoken.

Back to top Go down

Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava Empty Re: Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava

Post by MR. FAST Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Extra effort lang sa gym at practice sigurado malaki pa iimprove nyang si Greg at sana wag lumaki ang ulo nya kung napupuri sha, be humble lang para magbunga pa yung mga ginagawa nya..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava Empty Re: Ginebra giant Greg Slaughter not intimidated by upcoming matchup with ‘Kuya’ Asi Taulava

Post by betterhalf Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:57 pm

paunti unti lang magiging best center ka rin ng PBA
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down