ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship

4 posters

Go down

Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship Empty Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:35 am

Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship
Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship Greg-slaughter-103013

“I don’t feel pressured. But I just see a great opportunity to do great things for Ginebra," says consensus No. 1 pick overall Greg Slaughter. Jerome Ascano

POTENTIAL top rookie pick Greg Slaughter is not pressured at all if and when he joins Barangay Ginebra as the year’s no. 1 overall selection in this year’s PBA Draft.
He said suiting up in a Ginebra uniform will allow him to help the league’s most popular ballclub win a league title after a five-year drought given the mixture of veterans and young players in the team.
The 7-foot center out of Ateneo and University of the Visayas is tipped to be picked by the Kings as the year’s top pick in Sunday’s Rookie Draft at Robinson’s Place in Malate.
“I don’t feel pressured. But I just see a great opportunity to do great things for Ginebra, which has a lot of fan support and I received nothing but love. I really appreciate the love. I just hope to end up with Ginebra,” said Slaughter.
Although Slaughter worked out with Ginebra at Green Meadows on Wednesday morning, the former Gilas cadet mainstay refused to say his entry with the team is final until he personally hears his name called on draft day.
“The only concern I have is trying to win right away and looking at what team I end up on. I hope to have the best shot at winning a championship right away,” he said.
They Said It!
“(Ginebra) looks like a real good team. They got athleticism, veteran leadership, and the only thing they are really missing is a big man in the middle. Hopefully, I can fill that plug." - Greg Slaughter, the projected 1st pick of the 2013 PBA draft 

The 25-year-old big man said he likes the mixture of talent at Ginebra.
“It (Ginebra) looks like a real good team. They got athleticism, veteran leadership, and the only thing they are really missing is a big man in the middle,” he said.
“Hopefully, I can fill that plug and be a complete team and get things going.”
Ginebra’s weakness in the frontcourt was more pronounced during the Commissioner’s Cup Finals last summer.
Without a legitimate big man, Alaska veteran Sonny Thoss barreled his way for points inside to lead the Aces to a three-game sweep of the Kings in the best-of-five series. Thoss won his first Finals MVP in the process.
Slaughter said he did his homework while in the US as he prepares for the draft, lifting weights and training with a friend who plays gridiron football in America.
“All I was doing was lifting weights and try to get in shape and strong enough to bang with the big boys in the PBA because I was there (US) for over a month. I left here last September 16,” he added.

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship Empty Re: Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship

Post by MR. FAST Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:39 am

Sana makapag adjust ka kagad sa Ginebra GS! sigurado ako mas malaki na ang chance ng ginebra ngayong season na makapasok ng finals at kung medyo sswertehin pa ay makapagchampion kahit 1. hehehe
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship Empty Re: Slaughter hoping to be the 'missing link' in Ginebra's quest for championship

Post by MR. FAST Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:28 am

Sa Ginebra ba talaga patungo yang si GS? or baka may niluluto na naman si R. Non..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:05 pm

umaasa ako na sa ginebra sana..
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by raqui2101 Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:26 pm

sabi nga ni paras "angat" sa iba ang hindi kukuha sa 7feet na player"

paki balgtad na lang ang "angat"
raqui2101
raqui2101
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down