ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra

3 posters

Go down

Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra Empty Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:37 am

Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra
Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra Ueboyciezamar

“Yes, (Ginebra job) was offered to me on a silver platter, pero I have to protect my integrity and be honest with myself,” says Boycie Zamar said. “Ayaw ko namang talikuran yung kontrata ko sa UE. Saka let’s put it this way - I still have to learn the ropes." Jerome Ascano 

BOYCIE Zamar confirmed on Wednesday that he has turned down an offer to coach Barangay Ginebra, clearing the way for the return of Alfrancis Chua or the retention of Ato Agustin despite a dismal first season as coach of the PBA's most popular ballclub.
Zamar, head coach of University of the East and an assistant to Agustin at Ginebra, told Spin.ph he has talked to San Miguel Corp. big boss Ramon S. Ang, Ginebra governor Robert Non, and team manager Chua three weeks ago informing them of his decision not to accept the offer.
Reportedly the personal choice of Ang to coach Ginebra, Zamar said he has decided to honor his contract with UE for next season but was also honest enough to admit that he feels he is not ready for such a high-profile coaching job.
“Yes, it was offered to me on a silver platter, pero I have to protect my integrity and be honest with myself,” Zamar said. “Ayaw ko namang talikuran yung kontrata ko sa UE. Saka let’s put it this way - I still have to learn the ropes."
As early as July when Chua resigned over differences with former SMC sports director Noli Eala, Spin.ph has already reported that officials have already informed the team that Zamar had been picked to coach Ginebra next season while Agustin took over in an interim basis.

However, Zamar said he has decided to complete his "unfinished business" with the Warriors, who fell short of reaching the Final Four this season.
“Hindi naman sa hindi ko kinuha pero sinabi ko lang kila boss RSA (Ang), Boss Robert (Non) and Coach Al (Chua) na may obligasyon pa ako sa UE,” said Zamar. “May responsibilidad pa ako sa UE at gusto ko pang matuto.”
Zamar said Ang gave him a pat on the back after the talk.
“Natuwa siya kasi honest daw ko. Kung iba daw yun, susunggaban agad yung trabaho,” said the 47-year old Illonggo, who will now be reuinited with his son, Paul, at the UE-Cebuana Lhuillier team in the PBA D-League Foundation Cup starting on October 24.
“Ang sa akin naman, hindi ako pwedeng tumanggap ng tumanggap ng trabaho … kung may obligasyon pa ako sa isa,” he said with a smile.
Asked if he is not afraid to pass up on a golden opportunity to coach the most popular team in the country, Zamar gave an honest response.
“Sa akin, kung darating ulit 'yun, darating 'yun. Focus na lang muna ako sa unfinished business ko sa UE and hopefully make myself better,” he added.
Zamar's decision now clears the way for the return of Chua, who was convinced to move up to the team manager's position after he resigned as coach at the end of the Philippine Cup.
There has been a strong clamor among diehard fans for Chua's return, more so after the Gin Kings tumbled out at the quarterfinal stage of the Governors Cup in Agustin's first conference as coach.
However, it was Agustin who has been running the team since Ginebra returned to practice early this week.
“Ato has been running the team pa since nung nagbalik ensayo sila,” said Non. “Wala namang changes.”
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra Empty Re: Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra

Post by MR. FAST Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:38 am

Honestly mas gusto kong maging HC si Al Chua pero gusto ko din pang bigyan ng isa pang chance si Ato to redeem himself and to prove sa mga kritiko nya na fit sha maging HC ng ginebra..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra Empty Re: Road clear for Chua return as Zamar admits he declined offer to coach Ginebra

Post by nolzky83 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:12 pm

agree din ako na bigyan pa ng isang chance c coach ato, pero kung tatanggalin sya at iba ang ipapalit kay coach Al ako...
nolzky83
nolzky83
Mythical 5
Mythical 5

Male Posts : 1187

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm

nolzky83 wrote:agree din ako na bigyan pa ng isang chance c coach ato, pero kung tatanggalin sya at iba ang ipapalit kay coach Al ako...
agree! gusto ko lang talangang bigyan sha ng 2nd chance lahat naman tayo entitled sa 2nd chance na yan
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by nolzky83 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 pm

tama lahat naman tayo may chance na bigyan ng pagkakataon kung ano ang kakayahan nya kita mo ba yung nagawa nya sa petron napag champion nya din yun ng rookie coach pa lang sya ng team
nolzky83
nolzky83
Mythical 5
Mythical 5

Male Posts : 1187

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down