ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH

4 posters

Go down

KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH Empty KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:30 am

KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH 600x399x032213-Macklin_header.jpg.pagespeed.ic.iVfJpEZktR

Barangay Ginebra built a huge lead early, enough to survive a shaky finish as the Kings repulsed the Meralco Bolts, 84-81, to force a four-way logjam at fifth place in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup at the Smart Araneta Coliseum Friday night.

Vernon Macklin piled up 23 points despite 5-of-15 free throws and added 22 rebounds while Mark Caguioa contributed 21 points before limping out with an injury with two minutes left to play as Ginebra stretched its streak to three games and tied Meralco, Air21 and San Mig Coffee at 4-5.

Ginebra coach Alfrancis Chua said they only had themselves to blame had they dropped the game.

“It’s a scary win and it’s our fault we relaxed on defense. We were up by 21 points then we committed numerous turnovers. Simpleng tira na lang, nilalandi pa,” rued Chua.

“It’s an ugly win and I’m not happy, but we take it,” Chua also said.

Though trailing by as many as 21 at 16-37, the Bolts managed to get back into the game and nearly forced overtime.

However, Chris Ross muffed a game-tying three-pointer at the buzzer, and thus the Kings escaped with their fourth win in six games with Macklin.

Poor foul shooting by Macklin was among those troubling the Kings at the finish.

“They kept on fouling Vernon to send him to the line, but I would not take him out. Ayokong masira ang kumpiyansa niya. Live and die kami sa kanya,” said Chua.

The Bolts resorted to “Hack-a-Mack” that helped them back, coming to within two at 81-83 on a three-pointer by Ross with 25.6 ticks left.

Macklin missed seven of 10 charities in the fourth quarter and 10 of 15 overall.

The Kings looked headed for a breeze with a nine-point lead at 81-72 with two minutes left but the Bolts kept on fighting.

“We planned on how to stop them, especially their point guards and their shooters. Ayos naman but then we relaxed,” said Chua.

Another concern for the Kings after the game was the health status of Caguioa.

He overextended his left foot in one play nearing the last two-minute mark. At the break in play, he went straight to their dugout attended by their team doctor. (SB)

KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH 600x776x032213-Brgy-Ginebra-84-Meralco-81-jpeg2-boxscores1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Mbvn4qjU-S

SOURCE: PBAinquirer
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH Empty Re: KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH

Post by MR. FAST Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 am

Ang panget ng laban kagabe pero ok lang atleast panalo.. pero ang panget talaga ng laro especially nung 4th qtr..tsk
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH Empty Re: KINGS SURVIVE ‘HACK-A-MACK,’ SHAKY FINISH

Post by geraldasakura Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:13 pm

kahit panget yung game kagabi nakakita parin ako ng higlight dunks from Vernon and masyado lang sila naging kompyansa sa lamang nila..
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by babyevoces Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:59 pm

buti na lang di cla nagcollapse hanggang matapos ang game....

babyevoces
Bench Player
Bench Player

Female Posts : 427

Back to top Go down

Post by geraldasakura Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 pm

kaya nga eh.. buti they managed to get that W...

hope VMack put some extra time practicing and developing his FT.. I know he will benefit if he can improve this in future games..
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by babyevoces Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:32 pm

un ang dapat pagbutihin ni Vmack,,,,,,,Ft.....

babyevoces
Bench Player
Bench Player

Female Posts : 427

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down