ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him

+3
MR. FAST
skyscraper
garrett_jax
7 posters

Go down

Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him Empty Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him

Post by garrett_jax Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 pm

HE may have been with Barangay Ginebra for only two practices, but import Herbert Hill can already attest to what newly minted coach Alfrancis Chua can bring to the table.

“It’s good to play for a coach like him because he just gives everyone the green light to just play their game,” said Hill, who went straight to practice after arriving in the country early Monday morning.

“When the coach has confidence in you, it goes down to the whole team," he told Spin.ph. "So far, the coaching staff has been great. They’ve been helping me adjust.”

A 6-foot-10, 240-pound center who was the Utah Jazz’s second-round draft pick in 2007, Hill is also a college teammate of Smart Gilas naturalized player Marcus Douthit who helped convince him to give the PBA a shot.

This early, he knows exactly what the Kings expect of him.

“(Ginebra) has a lot of good guards. I think they need some help inside, scoring, rebounding, and blocking shots, so I have to play an all-around game and help them in the paint,” Hill said.

And he knows he has to deliver, well aware of how demanding the fans of the league's most popular team are.

“It’s a great opportunity knowing they have the best fans in all of Asia," said Hill, who aside from the Jazz also had a stint with the Philadelphia 76ers. "I’m really blessed and happy to be here. I’m very excited about the opportunity.”

Hill last played for the Incheon Elephants in the Korean Basketball League. The Germany-born was already contacted for a PBA stint last season, but could not commit as the Elephants were then in the playoffs.

Hill, however, does have his drawbacks, having earned a reputation as a poor free-throw shooter during his career. He also has to make up a lot of ground as he last played competitively around nine months ago.

“It’s an adjustment but I have a lot of time to do that,” he said. “My goal is to work hard every day and to hopefully help the team reach the Finals.”

If he does succeed, he knows just the reward he wants for himself.

“After we win the championship, hopefully I can go to an island here,” he said with a laugh.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @karlosacamos
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him Empty Re: Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him

Post by skyscraper Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 pm

“It’s a great opportunity knowing they have the best fans in all of Asia," said Hill, who aside from the Jazz also had a stint with the Philadelphia 76ers. "I’m really blessed and happy to be here. I’m very excited about the opportunity.”

Hill, however, does have his drawbacks, having earned a reputation as a poor free-throw shooter during his career. He also has to make up a lot of ground as he last played competitively around nine months ago.

“It’s an adjustment but I have a lot of time to do that,” he said. “My goal is to work hard every day and to hopefully help the team reach the Finals.”

BOOM!!
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 17217
Humor : #OustNoliEala

Back to top Go down

Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him Empty Re: Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him

Post by MR. FAST Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 am

tsk.. tsk.. Sana naman nag improve na yung percentage nya sa FT's..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 am

“(Ginebra) has a lot of good guards. I think they need some help inside, scoring, rebounding, and blocking shots, so I have to play an all-around game and help them in the paint,” Hill said.

Be ready to go to the FT line Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him 2908833414
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 am

Hack a Hill ang magiging diskarte ng mga coach dito pag dikitan ang laban
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by nolzky83 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 am

parang may ipapakita ang mama na to ah kung magslita,, maabangan nga...sana ipakita mo yang mga sinasabi mo
nolzky83
nolzky83
Mythical 5
Mythical 5

Male Posts : 1187

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am

“After we win the championship, hopefully I can go to an island here,” he said with a laugh.

Aba! sana talaga.. sana Import Herbert Hill knows exactly what Ginebra needs from him 3503741433
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jianaustin Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:14 pm

^

ang kulit lang nya eh, may plano na after championship :) sana mag-blend in talaga sya ginebra. hindi naman natin kailangan ng mala-bowles eh. kahit si alexander 20-20 stats nun pero hindi sya yung mala-shaq masipag lang talaga lalo na sa offensive rebounds. kahit sa fastbreak nauuna pa sya minsan. sana ganun din ang attitude ni hill.

jianaustin
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by babyevoces Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 pm

ipakita mo sa gawa wag lang sa salita,,db mga kabs.....

babyevoces
Bench Player
Bench Player

Female Posts : 427

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Ginebra import Herbert Hill says he is thrilled to play for a coach like Alfrancis Chua who, he says, "just gives everyone the green light to just play their game." Jerome Ascano-Spin.ph
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:01 pm

locked hahaha
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down