ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time

+2
MR. FAST
betterhalf
6 posters

Go down

Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time Empty Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time

Post by betterhalf Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time

Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time 32c5f009fa7517231e4323d

With the arrival of star point guard LA Tenorio to Barangay Ginebra San Miguel during the offseason, it was inevitable that team captain and veteran point guard Jayjay Helterbrand's playing time and role would be affected the most.

The longtime Ginebra floor general has been asked to yield his starting spot, and become more of a role player this season; something that hasn't necessarily sat in well with the former league MVP.

"To be honest I’m not used to this role as a player. I don’t think I’ve ever played this small amount of minutes," Helterbrand told our media partner Snow Badua of PTV Sports. In the Gins' embarrassing 87-69 loss to the Alaska Aces last Sunday at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum, Helterbrand played a grand total of 5 minutes.

Helterbrand, however, has maintained professionalism in handling his new role. "But at the same time, I also understand that I’m one of the senior citizens on the team. That I need to learn to try to be more of a mentoring role now for the younger players, because I’m in the point of my career now where, maybe, I’m not as fast as I used to be or jump as high as I used to. Even though I’m not happy with it I accept it," Helterbrand said.

With rumors swirling about his retirement, the 36-year-old strongly believes that he still has a lot of juice left in him, and that his current situation with Ginebra is not an indication that he is ready to hang u his sneaker. "I know I can still contribute to the team if given the opportunity, but that doesn’t mean I’m complaining about my playing time or anything," Helterbrand said, and added, "I just want to help the team in any way I can; stay positive throughout the whole thing be it good or bad. Just play my role in whatever position the coach tells me. Whatever minutes."

Ginebra has dropped 4 straight games after starting the PBA Philippine Cup with 2 straight wins. They will have some time to figure out how to get out of their slump prior to their next game on Nov. 5 versus San Mig Coffee.

BY: DENNIS 'D SOURCE' GUILLERMO

Last edited by NOTSONICEGUY on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time Empty Re: Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time

Post by MR. FAST Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:45 pm

very humble talaga idol ko! Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time 3040827766

pero sana bigyan sha ng enought PT para naman mapakita pa nya yung KAYA nya, 100% healthy sha i think kaya pa nya magproduce ng mga numbers nung naging MVP sha
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time Empty Re: Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time

Post by zhon Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Sana tlga c Casio nlng nkuha nten pra back up PG nila JJ at cool cat, sayang nung last game c cool cat maganda ung pinkikita kulng lng PT and i also believe n kaya p ni JJ kaya lng my LA eh, sayang.
zhon
zhon
New comer
New comer

Male Posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 pm

nasasabi lang naten yan ngaun kabs na dapat si casio nlang..pro nung nagpapanalo nman tayo sabi nila ok si LA bagay sa ginebra san ba tlga tayo lulugar Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time 250319431

To be honest I’m not used to this role as a player. I don’t think I’ve ever played this small amount of minutes," Helterbrand told

ngaun sino kaya ang maykasalanan kung bkit ganyan ang PT ng isang player diba coach Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time 882568079
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by jianaustin Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:13 pm

okay naman si LA kaso ang maganda kay Casio pass first before shoot point guard sya.. hindi sya masyado affected kahit hindi nya hawak yung bola, pag hawak nya ang daming nangyayari kaya nag-work yung tandem nila ni gary david, kahit na si gary talaga titira ng 75 percent ng offense nila.. si LA combo guard eh parang willie miller type kaya medyo nacricriticize kahit si mc47 pag agressive sya ngayon kasi gusto nung iba si LA ang may hawak ng bola o nagtitira.. ang positive lang kay LA, clutch talaga sya sana mag-work na lang talaga, hindi mag-back fire sa ginebra..

jianaustin
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:15 pm

^ang kaso sabi ng coaching staff kaya kinuha si LA para umiskor hindi pumasa Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time 1355847800
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dindin Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm

yun talaga ang positive kay LA clutch siya.. pero sana lang bigyan ng equal opportunities yung iba pang pg like jj and cortez kase healthy naman sila eh..
dindin
dindin
Bench Player
Bench Player

Female Posts : 421
Humor : give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:19 pm

dindin wrote:yun talaga ang positive kay LA clutch siya.. pero sana lang bigyan ng equal opportunities yung iba pang pg like jj and cortez kase healthy naman sila eh..

Correct at di basta basta yang mga PG's na yan, pero ayun binabangko si JJ Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time 3608650072
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dencio Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:23 pm

saludo talaga ako kay idol JJ!sobrang humble,,pero sa totoo lang kaya pa nya at hindi nya deserve yung ganun ka-limited na PT na binibigay sa kanya,,bakit di cia gawing SG & isabay kay LA para maging scoring option din cia,,di ko napansin kung nagawa na nila yun,,more on drive or kaya pull up,lalot dun cia magaling,,kesa 3pts,,pde din cla ni Cortez ang ibabad sa 1st half para fresh na fresh c LA sa 2nd half if cia ang gusto ni coach magtapos palagi ng game.,.mbabawasan pa nun ang load at pressure kay LA,,baka mas lalong lumabas ang galing nya,.Helterbrand not happy with new role and diminished playing time 1510611536

Last edited by dencio on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

dencio
Rookie
Rookie

Male Posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by jianaustin Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:24 pm

^

sana si LA mag-ala johnny kaya naman eh.. i mean si johnny bigla na lang magdridrive pero pinapagaling din nya yung team mates nya kaso defensively malayo sya kay johnny, pareho sila ng height pero offense-defense si abarrientos pero not bad din naman si LA. sana maganda yung plano, mamaximize nila si LA pero in a good way kasi di ba combo guard din si jj pero nag-click naman sila ni mark dati.. sana hindi sila isabong ni mark.

jianaustin
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down