ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jong hopes to do well in new job

2 posters

Go down

Jong hopes to do well in new job  Empty Jong hopes to do well in new job

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 am

Jong hopes to do well in new job

Written by : Zean Macamay

THROUGHOUT his life, Jong Uichico never thought that he would leave Ginebra one day.

“Wala sa plano ng buhay ko to leave Ginebra,” said Uichico.

But things have happened so swiftly that the multi-titled coach had to make a hard decision at the soonest possible time. Now, all he can do is hope for the best in what he calls as a ‘new career move’.

“So many things have happened and I became so busy,” he said yesterday 24 hours after deciding to leave the San Miguel Corp. group in the PBA to join the Smart-Gilas national team.

“Mabilis ang mga pangyayari. It’s a difficult decision and it was well thought off really. I just hope that with this new career path everything turns out well.”

Seeing Uichico serving another team other than Ginebra is hard to imagine. He is an out-and-out SMC man by blood, having served thenational team as a player during the Northern Consolidated days in the 80s before eventually becoming head coach of San Miguel Beer in 1999.

He gave San Miguel six championships before moving to Ginebra. He then gave the Gin Kings two more titles, the last being in the 2007-08 Fiesta Conference in a memorable series against Air21 decided by a Game Seven that drew the highest crowd turnout in PBA history.

At this time, Uichico has yet to talk it out with the Smart-Gilas over small things.

“Well, we still have to iron out things like the compensation,” he said. “Second, platform – the program and other things.”

What Uichico knows is that he will serve as an assistant coach to whoever Smart-Gilas chooses as its head mentor.

“I don’t know who am I going to be an assistant to,” he said.

Source: Journal.com.ph

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Jong hopes to do well in new job  Empty Re: Jong hopes to do well in new job

Post by skyscraper Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 am

goodluck coach! were proud of you! kasi kung di ka magaleng di ka kukunin bilang isa sa mga coaches ng National Team. Were proud of you!

Goodluck and Godbless!
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 17217
Humor : #OustNoliEala

Back to top Go down