ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand

4 posters

Go down

Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand Empty Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand

Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand Markcaguioanuki
“Medyo mahirap, pero I think I’ll get it back within this conference, hopefully. We’re doing extra work. Me and Jayjay started playing one-on-one again, trying to get the feel back, get the rhythm back,” says fit-again Ginebra star Mark Caguioa. Nuki Sabio/ PBA Images

BARANGAY Ginebra ace gunner Mark Caguioa admits he’s still far from his old, explosive self, two games into the season-ending PBA Governors Cup.

The reigning league MVP is averaging 15 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.5 assists through the team’s 1-1 (win-loss) start to the conference, but is the first to admit that his shooting leaves much to be desired.

The 33-year-old Ginebra superstar is shooting just 39.4 percent from the field during his first two games, including a frigid 20 percent (two-of-10) from three-point zone.

“I wouldn’t say I’m 100 percent (in game shape). I think I’ve been out for less than six months so I’m starting to get back in shape,” Caguioa, who sat out most of the Commissioner's Cup due to an MCL sprain, told Spin.ph.

On Tuesday, he was seen doing one-on-one practice with pal and backcourt mate Jayjay Helterbrand after the Gin Kings' training session at the Xavier School gym in San Juan.

The 45-minute drill was meant to bring his shooting touch back, Caguioa said.

“Medyo mahirap, pero I think I’ll get it back within this conference, hopefully. We’re doing extra work. Me and Jayjay started playing one-on-one again, trying to get the feel back, get the rhythm back,” Caguioa said.

Before the injury, Caguioa led the league in scoring with his 22.2-point per game average to go along with 4.7 rebounds and 3.4 assists.

Caguioa and the Gin Kings face a hectic weekend where they will clash with Barako Bull on Friday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, before taking on Commissioner’s Cup champion Alaska on Sunday at the Mall of Asia Arena.

Source: Spin.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand Empty Re: Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand

Post by MR. FAST Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Bring back the bandana brothers! Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand 733906992
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand Empty Re: Caguioa working to regain old shooting touch with help from pal Helterbrand

Post by neljimz Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:12 pm

CAGUIOA+HELTERBRAND+MENK= 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS

ELLIS+ TENORIO+AGUILAR= FUTURE CHAMPIONS
neljimz
neljimz
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by neljimz Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:14 pm

sayang kung hindi sana nainjured si IDOL MC47 malamang sya ang BPC ng commisioners cup, at leading sya sana sa MVP race....
neljimz
neljimz
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Sana bumalik yung old form nilang dalawa, madalas kasi ok yung isa yung isa hindi naman
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by raqui2101 Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:36 pm

the fast and the furious.... i miss it...
kelan ko kaya uli makikita un...
raqui2101
raqui2101
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down