ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss

+6
DMac
MR. FAST
garrett_jax
betterhalf
skyscraper
Ginebra Tambayan
10 posters

Go down

Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss Empty Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:26 am

Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss

By WAYLON GALVEZ
July 23, 2012, 5:38pm

MANILA, Philippines — Since 2001, the year he first played in the PBA, Mark Caguioa’s career with Barangay Ginebra has gone through ups and downs.

But their defeat to B-Meg in a do-or-die match for the second finals playoff berth last Friday probably hurt more than others.

“I’m still recovering… this one hurts the most,” said Caguioa in a phone interview Sunday night.

He said the Governors’ Cup was something special, one that he and his team fought hard to win. They had wanted to dedicate to Robert Jaworski, the Ginebra icon whose jersey was retired recently.

“It would have been great if we’re in the finals to honor him,” he said.

Such was their keen desire to win the title that a rare team meeting was held before the start of the semifinals to bond the team together.

“We haven’t had a meeting for a long time. So everybody let their feelings out, everyone got to talk. After that, everyone played as a team. I really wanted to win the game for Kerby (Raymundo) as it was against his former team. And also for Cedric Bozeman, he’s such a nice guy, he never complains,” he said.

They almost made it to the finals

After winning four of their five semis games, trhey arranged a knockout match against B-Meg. But the B-Meg Llamados won the game and Barangay Ginebra was dealt a stinging blow in its bid to face first-time finalist Rain or Shine.

But a collateral damage from that loss is Caguioa’s bid to win the Best Player of the Conference and the Most Valuable Player (MVP) awards.

Caguioa is among the leaders of the race but having failed to enter the finals, he may be surpassed by Philippine Cup Best Player winner Gary David of Powerade, Petron’s Arwind Santos, B-Meg’s James Yap, Talk ’N Text’s Jason Castro, Barako Bull’s Willie Miller, Petron’s Alex Cabagnot, Alaska’s LA Tenorio of Alaska, Rain or Shine’s Paul Lee and Alaska’s Sonny Thoss for the MVP Award.

One thing going for him though is that the points from the semifinal games have yet to be tallied.

The race for the Best Player of the Conference (BPC) though is another matter.

He and David occupy the top two spots with 33.00 and 29.93 Statistical Points, respectively, followed by Pingris (27.69), Yap (26.13) and Lee (26.08).

Both David and Caguioa were recipients of the first two BPC awards, as the former won it during the Philippine Cup and the latter bagged it in the Commissioner’s Cup, making them outright contenders for the MVP trophy.

Another BPC for either Caguioa or David (also eyeing his first MVP) will likely put them on solid ground to win the coveted individual award.

Caguioa said he’s not after the award, as is more concerned with winning a championship.

“I’m not really after that. I wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t get it. That’s not my goal. My goal is to win the championship,” he said. “I’ll give it (the MVP) to Gary . Though they didn’t make it to the semis (this conference), he deserves it as they made the all-Filipino finals.”

In the MVP race, the stats from the Philippine Cup are worth 40 percent, while the conferences with imports – Commissioner’s Cup and Governors’ Cup – have 30 percent each. The Leo Awards is Sunday before Game 4 of the finals.

The 6-foot-1 Caguioa plans to have a vacation for a couple of weeks in the United States next week. When he returns, for next season starting in October, the 32-year-old guard knows the things he needs to improve.

“I need to work more on my legs. Running is one of the things I need to do, mabilis na talaga ang laro ngayon,” said Caguioa. “I told my teammates that we build on this, I don’t want to come back here again and feel the same thing. It’s a lesson for us.”

Source: Manila Bulletin

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss Empty Re: Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss

Post by skyscraper Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:29 am

sa tingin ko masakit talaga to sa kanya. At mas gugustuhin nya pang di makuha ang MVP plum kasi sya lang ang magkaka award. Mas happy sya kung team Champion ang makuha nila kasi team ang magkakaaward at the same time happy ang mga fans.
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 17217
Humor : #OustNoliEala

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:32 am

The 6-foot-1 Caguioa plans to have a vacation for a couple of weeks in the United States next week. When he returns, for next season starting in October, the 32-year-old guard knows the things he needs to improve.

Tama yan para makalimutan mo ung sakit ng pagkatalo ng team nyo..

sa tingin ko lang si mc ang magiging mvp at bpc
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 am

“I’m not really after that. I wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t get it. That’s not my goal. My goal is to win the championship,” he said. “I’ll give it (the MVP) to Gary . Though they didn’t make it to the semis (this conference), he deserves it as they made the all-Filipino finals.”

ikaw pa rin ang MVP ko, sila, kami at ng buong GINEBRA fans ............. :yaay:
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Kasi kung iisipin mo nandun na e, konti nalang kaso talagang may halong malas na din kapag mga biik ang kalaban.. tsk
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by DMac Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:08 pm

MR. FAST wrote:Kasi kung iisipin mo nandun na e, konti nalang kaso talagang may halong malas na din kapag mga biik ang kalaban.. tsk

MALAS lang ba ang halo dun hindi pa pati MATAAS? Mataas ang posisyon ng ibang BMEG ang pumasok.lol
DMac
DMac
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2458
Humor : Today is the Tomorrow of Yesterday

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:12 pm

DMac wrote:
MR. FAST wrote:Kasi kung iisipin mo nandun na e, konti nalang kaso talagang may halong malas na din kapag mga biik ang kalaban.. tsk

MALAS lang ba ang halo dun hindi pa pati MATAAS? Mataas ang posisyon ng ibang BMEG ang pumasok.lol

kasama na din yan kabs sa MALAS sa BGK! Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss 2716121197 ngayon panay reklamo sila sobrang pisikal yung laro bakit sa bgk di ba sila sanay? sabagay kontng bangga pipito yung ref e Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss 2716121197 yan ang sixth man nila! wagas Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss 882568079
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by ruxs_14 Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:51 pm

bahala na kung makuha nya o hindi... pero sana makuha nya un award na to....
anyway about sa mga bmeg na yan... sige hayaan nyo lng sila ngayon... kahit sila pa mag champion ngayon... basta pagdating sa all filipino... olats sa team natin yan line up nila kahit bumalik pa si intal and joe... tapos inaalala nyo ba na baka maging star studded ang line up nila this coming AFC? i don't think so... si tim pa kelan pba humawak yan ng star studded line up... eh hindi nga din yan marunong mag balasa ng players kapag magagaling or star player lahat ng line up nya kasi usually 8-10 players lng ang kaya nya balasahen minsan pa nga sagad sagad pa sa PT si james yap eh... basta ako masasabi ko lang hindi mananalo bmeg sa atin sa AFC Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss 250319431 dahil wala nang import performance kng san napalaking factor sa team nila ang performance ng import nila kasi pansin ko matinik sa depensa at aggressive ang mga nagiging import nila... and FYI ilan championship lang ba napanalunan ni tim cone kapag All filipino? alam ko dalawa lang kasi un karamihan sa championships na nakuha nya eh puro conference na may import... kasi don sya talaga magaling eh sa pagkuha ng import...
ruxs_14
ruxs_14
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2739

Back to top Go down

Post by rhone Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

MC47 kung anuman ang nararamdaman mo ganun din kami, but we have to move on.......... kung hindi nakaukol hindi bubukol sabi nga ng mga matatanda! at nagpapasalamat narin ako at nakatapos tayo ng isang conference na hindi ka na-injured okey na yun...it means you have to practice more and work on your team chemistry for the next battle this coming season.......... HANGAT MAY GINEBRA MAY PBA.......... MC47 ikaw parin ang aming MVP!!!!!!!!!!!

goodluck sa next season ........ 3 champioship ang goal natin.... we keep supporting BGK.............. :dunk: Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss 3664514880 :Mitsuijs:
rhone
rhone
Draftee
Draftee

Male Posts : 89
Humor : Friendly

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdwitch Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 am

no one deserves the award but CAGUIOA BPC and MVP...

he's a good leader and player...

kapag iba pa nakakuha ewan ko na lang...

MC47 kahit anong mangyari GINEBRA pa rin kami!!! atin na ang susunod na conference...
weirdwitch
weirdwitch
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 711
Humor : "ayokong nasasanay sa mga bagay na pwede namang wala sa buhay ko"

Back to top Go down

Post by geraldasakura Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:17 am

#MC47forMVP and #MC47forBPC yan lang ang masasabi ko....
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdwitch Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:53 am

geraldasakura wrote:#MC47forMVP and #MC47forBPC yan lang ang masasabi ko....

AGREE!!!Caguioa Still Hurting From Loss 4240145056
weirdwitch
weirdwitch
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 711
Humor : "ayokong nasasanay sa mga bagay na pwede namang wala sa buhay ko"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down