ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PBA: Alexander, Ginebra fans shocked by pink slip

2 posters

Go down

PBA: Alexander, Ginebra fans shocked by pink slip Empty PBA: Alexander, Ginebra fans shocked by pink slip

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:03 pm

PBA: Alexander, Ginebra fans shocked by pink slip

February 28, 2012 1:52pm

The Barangay Ginebra Kings confirmed Monday that the team was replacing Chris Alexander with Jackson Vroman, shortly after the squad returned from a game in Dubai against the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters.

Alexander took to Twitter upon learning of his release, and was understandably upset.

"I have did not know it would hurt this bad to be released. It is a business and nothing personal I guess....I pray for the best for this team as I feel this team is my family and I want them to do good [sic]," Alexander tweeted.

Earlier in the year, Alexander had campaigned hard for a return to the team that he helped to their last title during the 2008-09 season, writing on Facebook, "I get thousands of questions a day from the BGK fan base, while return please. Well guys I wanna return and dying to return and waiting to return [sic]."

The 7'1" giant scored 14 points and 20.33 rebounds in three games for Ginebra, helping them reach a 2-1 record.

But apparently, team management wanted more from him.

Alexander told Sports Radio 918 that he was blaming himself and that he "thought Ginebra needed only a rebounder and defensive player, because they have Mark [Caguioa], Kerby [Raymundo], etc. to score."

Vroman, who had a short career in the NBA before becoming a naturalized Lebanese citizen for FIBA competition purposes, is said to be a more balanced player in terms of offense and defense.

Source: Gmanetwork.com

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

PBA: Alexander, Ginebra fans shocked by pink slip Empty Re: PBA: Alexander, Ginebra fans shocked by pink slip

Post by nrod11 Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Hope Vroman does well and give Ginebra another title...

nrod11
New comer
New comer

Male Posts : 73

Back to top Go down