ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slaughter thrilled to play alongside Aguilar in Ginebra's new-look frontline

2 posters

Go down

Slaughter thrilled to play alongside Aguilar in Ginebra's new-look frontline Empty Slaughter thrilled to play alongside Aguilar in Ginebra's new-look frontline

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:31 am

Slaughter thrilled to play alongside Aguilar in Ginebra's new-look frontline
Slaughter thrilled to play alongside Aguilar in Ginebra's new-look frontline Greg-slaughter-preseason-11513

“I love playing with Japeth (Aguilar). He’s a really good help side defender, shot blocker, and also good on the offensive skills,” says Ginebra rookie Greg Slaughter. Snow Badua

TOP rookie pick Greg Slaughter finally got a taste of the kind of game played in the PBA following Barangay Ginebra’s tune-up game against Rain or Shine on Wednesday.
From the looks of it, the big man out of Ateneo admitted he still has to improve on his conditioning after getting banged up at the post by the Elasto Painters’ trio of Beau Belga, JR Quinahan, and later on, Larry Rodriguez.
“I was expecting that (physical play) coming from this team. They are pretty well known for that, but that’s just part of the game. I just have to play through that,” said Slaughter, who finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The 6-foot-11 freshman is also trying to fit into Ginebra’s system especially playing alongside fellow big men Japeth Aguilar and Jay-R Reyes.
“I love playing with Japeth (Aguilar). He’s a really good help side defender, shot blocker, and also good on the offensive skills,” Slaughter noted. “But I also love playing with Jay-Arr Reyes and whoever is out there, is really good playing with.”
But being one of the new guys in the league’s most popular ballclub, Slaughter said he’s more than happy to just contribute anything to a team that remains solid behind veterans Mark Caguioa, LA Tenorio, JayJay Helterbrand, and exciting sophomore Fil-Am Chris Ellis.
“Well, it feels good. I’m more happy we got the win and points, if that comes, that’s something the team needs, but that’s (scoring) not my main concern,” he said.
Slaughter noted he still has 11 days to get acquainted with his new surroundings before the Kings play their first game on opening day against a souped-up San Mig Coffee team.
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Slaughter thrilled to play alongside Aguilar in Ginebra's new-look frontline Empty Re: Slaughter thrilled to play alongside Aguilar in Ginebra's new-look frontline

Post by MR. FAST Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:35 am

Eto kagandahan ngayon sa ginebra may katuwang na yung mga biggies naten, hindi mashado mappressure si GS na magpakitang gilas kagad kasi hindi lang sa kanya nakafocus ang depensa ng ibang biggies, isipin mo Japeth & GS ang frontline diba?!

Kaya nga during tune up game against ROS, monster numbers kagad pinakita nung bagong twin tower combo naten..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down