ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ginebra’s plan: Let Tony Mitchell score, but shut down Talk ‘N Text locals

Go down

Ginebra’s plan: Let Tony Mitchell score, but shut down Talk ‘N Text locals Empty Ginebra’s plan: Let Tony Mitchell score, but shut down Talk ‘N Text locals

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Sun May 12, 2013 12:30 am

Ginebra’s plan: Let Tony Mitchell score, but shut down Talk ‘N Text locals Tony-mitchell-vernon-macklin-ginebra-tnt

Barangay Ginebra San Miguel watched Talk ‘N Text import Tony Mitchell scorch the hoops with 45 points last Friday in Game Four of their Commissioner’s Cup semifinals series.

“He took many shots, but that also took away a lot from their local players,” said Ginebra rookie swingman Chris Ellis, who fouled out while trying to guard Mitchell one-on-one.

Except for Ranidel De Ocampo who scored 12 points, no other Talk ‘N Text player finished in double-digits.

Mitchell took 30 shots from the field and 25 from the free throw line. He missed all eight of his attempts from the three-point area and committed eight turnovers.

Talk ‘N Text coach Norman Black said relying too much on Mitchell wasn’t exactly the plan.

“This is only the second game that I coached Tony Mitchell, so I didn’t expect he will take that many shots,” said Black, who downplayed that as a factor in the loss.

“There should be balanced production on the team, but I don’t think that’s the reason why we lost. Ginebra was very aggressive tonight and Macklin played a very good game.”

SOURCE: Interaksyon
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down