ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petron’s Double Trouble leads Power Rankings (Start to December 11, 2011)

Go down

Petron’s Double Trouble leads Power Rankings (Start to December 11, 2011) Empty Petron’s Double Trouble leads Power Rankings (Start to December 11, 2011)

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Petron’s Double Trouble leads Power Rankings (Start to December 11, 2011)
By SYDRICK SALAZAR | Published: DECEMBER 14, 2011

Before I start my list, I’ll give massive props to Mike Cortez. He was awesome in Ginebra last five wins and he and Mark Caguioa are consistently spearheading the Gin cause.

Gone from the last rank held two weeks back is Talk N Text’s Ryan Reyes and Petron’s Chris Lutz.

Game starts now!

20 GINEBRA / MARK CAGUIOA
13.9PPG • 3.8RPG • 2.2APG
RETURNING
I kinda altered the ranks to include a Ginebra guy because frankly the one that should be on the list, Gabe Norwood, doesn’t exactly have a sterling stat line. Kulotski Doodles (ugh) is doing this right for the Gins in the latter part of the AFC as seen in their last five wins.

19 RAIN OR SHINE / JEFF CHAN
15.1PPG • 3.4RPG • 1.8APG
LAST RANK # 18
Chan’s breakout season – definitely. The former FEU gunner however fell far from the ranks because of his weakened rebounds and assists game. At first glance, you’ll think that he is a shoot-only guy which he is not.

18 POWERADE / DOUG KRAMER
11.6PPG • 10.6RPG • 1.1APG
LAST RANK # 16
Powered by the love of Cheska Garcia, Mr. Kramer has produced great numbers this conference – which is actually a career best. He is one of four players to average in double-double this season (Arwind Santos, Harvey Carey, and Jay-R Reyes).

17 MERALCO / MACMAC CARDONA
16.2PPG • 4.3RPG • 2.5APG • 1.3SPG
LAST RANK # 19
Captain Hook had good conference considering that he started the season on the injured list and he is sharing the scoring load with Solomon Mercado and seriously beast-up version of Gabby Espinas. He moved two spots in the rank.

16 ALASKA / LA TENORIO
13.6PPG • 5.6RPG • 5.4APG • 1.0SPG
LAST RANK # 17
Tenorio’s game picked up midway in the eliminations but the loss of Tim Cone hit the team hard. I think we’ll see great things from Tenorio in the import-based conferences which will pretty much solve Alaska’s depth problem.

15 TALK N TEXT / JAPETH AGUILAR
10.9PPG • 6.6RPG • 1.2APG • 2.4BPG
LAST RANK # 14
In a team bombarded by shooters, slashers, and behemoths, Japeth Aguilar is carving his niche nicely. One-dimensional he is not – with his offensive and defensive numbers as evidence. He is taking the right moves to gain Chot Reyes’ trust.

14 POWERADE / GARY DAVID
20.8PPG • 3.8RPG • 1.8APG
LAST RANK # 12
Mr. Pure Energy is the league’s leading scorer but just because of this fact, doesn’t mean that David isn’t the lone option. For example, David scored 32 points in their quarterfinal win against the B-Meg Llamados but Marcio Lassiter also scored 24. David is enjoying the influx of powerful youth in the mix and hopefully this translates to future success.

13 MERALCO / SOLOMON MERCADO
14.2PPG • 3.9RPG • 5.1APG • 1.5SPG
NEW ENTRY
Mercado was absent in the list until now. This is because of his stellar play in the latter parts of the eliminations. Mercado is first for the Bolts in assists and steals while taking the backseat to Macmac Cardona in points.

12 RAIN OR SHINE / PAUL LEE
13.8PPG • 4.2RPG • 4.7APG • 0.9SPG
LAST RANK # 8
Lee dropped out of the Top Ten after missing out on their last game. Before that game, he was held scoreless in two minutes after an Ogie Menor bump. Lee is cleared for action in their quarterfinals tilt against Ginebra so he’ll likely give the streaking Gins a hard time.

11 B-MEG / KERBY RAYMUNDO
12.2PPG • 7.7RPG • 2.5APG • 0.7SPG
LAST RANK # 15
Tim Cone has moved in to destroy Ryan Gregorio’s doing. Jorge Gallent, Gregorio’s direct predecessor is still with the team but the combo of Coach Ryan’s roster and Cone’s triangle has changed the views of the B-Meg offense. Still though, Kerby’s minutes remained the same. In fact, his minutes are messing up with Joe Devance’s development.

10 ALASKA / SONNY THOSS
15.4PPG • 9.4RPG • 2.4APG • 1.3BPG
LAST RANK # 5
Alaska is in unfamiliar territory right now. Watching the action unfolding in the sidelines must be painful for Thoss. He was pampered by Tim Cone with a bunch of titles that it must be eating him right now that they are getting beat up by Rain or Shine – a team they wasted a few seasons ago. I guess it’s time to commence on the Thoss trade rumors?

9 MERALCO / GABBY ESPINAS
14.0PPG • 9.7RPG • 1.1APG • 1.1BPG
LAST RANK # 11
Is it wrong for to think that Espinas is like the power forward version of Calvin Abueva? Just like his teammates, Espinas raised his ranks by averaging a near double-double. I don’t know why he gets his stats because Captain Hook and Sol Train take the bulk of the scoring and Asi Taulava mastered the boards but he is really, really effective.

8 POWERADE / MARCIO LASSITER
15.5PPG • 5.2RPG • 3.8APG • 1.5SPG
LAST RANK # 7
Swagger’s energy is boosting up Powerade’s hopes to at least dish out a fighting chance against the B-Meg Llamados. In fact he did, as he helped the Tigers force a sudden death in their twice-to-beat matchup with the Llamados. If this guy clicks, I can see B-Meg squandering their advantage in favor of Powerade.

7 BARAKO BULL / WILLIE MILLER
15.9PPG • 5.0RPG • 4.6APG • 1.6SPG
LAST RANK # 9
The Thriller started the conference answering the questions on whether or not is still competent to lead a team to victory. While the Barako Bull has bowed out of the playoffs battle, time and again the Energy turned on Miller’s high octane offense to lead them out of sticky situations.

6 TALK N TEXT / JASON CASTRO
14.4PPG • 4.5RPG • 5.2APG • 1.1SPG
LAST RANK # 3
Jason Castro dropped three spots after owning the number three spot since the rankings’ inception but it’s only a matter of time before he turns it up and compete for the BPC plum anew. Just like what the Texters did in the 2011 Governor’s Cup, they turned to Castro to provide spring in TNT’s step and The Blur didn’t disappoint.

5 TALK N TEXT / HARVEY CAREY
13.3PPG • 11.2RPG • 1.8APG
LAST RANK # 13
He sat a bunch of games midway in the season but he came back stronger than ever. Carey again shone the brightest as the team waits for the return of Ranidel De Ocampo and Ali Peek. Carey is norming twin digits in points and rebounds which is frankly, the specialty of his house. Even in less minutes, Carey’s contributions remain unfazed. That’s why his stock jumped eight spots this week.

4 TALK N TEXT / KELLY WILLIAMS
14.9PPG • 8.9RPG • 1.4APG • 1.0SPG • 1.0BPG
LAST RANK # 6
Kelly Williams is playing like the Machine Gun of old. Why did I say that? His TNT tenure is great and all but it was flawed in one aspect – Williams’ scoring ability. This conference, Williams upped his average in terms of offensive contributions which is fine and all considering how pathetic at times the TNT roster is because of the numerous injuries.

3 B-MEG / JAMES YAP
18.6PPG • 5.1RPG • 1.9APG
LAST RANK # 4
King James rises up to the third spot after their insane rise to the standings. It’s mind-numbing to see the Llamados near the cellar at the start to where they are right now. James Yap is having a great first conference under Tim Cone. While I’m torn who to cheer on between the Tigers and B-Meg, it would be a shame to see King James bowing out of the playoff hunt early in the playoffs.

2 PETRON / ALEX CABAGNOT
15.9PPG • 4.4RPG • 7.1APG • 1.3SPG
LAST RANK # 2
A-Cab is having a super conference. He is doing everything in both ends of the floor and I think it is safe to say that he is the best point guard in the PBA at the moment. Petron needs to get more “super” games from Cabagnot though. With their roster still in need of credible options from other positions, expect A-Cab to unload more clutch shots and dagger-like troikas.

1 PETRON / ARWIND SANTOS
18.2PPG • 12.7RPG • 1.2APG • 1.1SPG • 1.5BPG
LAST RANK # 1
Yes, it came to the point that I have lost count of all the nice things I have said towards The Spiderman. This season is definitely pro-Arwind. He continues to dazzle his fans with his super stat-hunting and he has yet to relinquish his current rebounding lead. Basically he is a bigger version of Alex Cabagnot and just like what I said to Cabagnot, Santos needs to double his efforts if he wants the Blaze Boosters to reign supreme in this conference.

Check out in two weeks to find out which of the current top stars will be affected now that one team will have more games over the other.

Game over!

Source: hoops.blink.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down