ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala

4 posters

Go down

The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala Empty The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala

Post by MR. FAST Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm

The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala 11092012_pba-11092012_ginebra-globalport_prt_0469

The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala
MICO HALILI November 20, 2012 4:42pm

It's 10:05 am. My cellphone rings. I check the name on the screen. I have learned to expect this call. I say to myself, "Oh it's him again." I say that to myself not out of exasperation. I say that with a smile, in fact.

Since meeting him inside the Araneta Coliseum last season, we have developed a kind of extended conversation. It's on and off. We can talk today and not talk again for weeks. Yet the conversation never stops. So right on cue, after Ginebra won their third straight game the night before, Edgar Labagala is calling. He's about to give my morning the turbo boost it needs.

"Good morning," Edgar, father of Ginebra third-unit point guard Rob Labagala, excitedly says. "What do you think of Rob's performance last night?"

"Steady as always," I reply. "I think fans like his energy."

What else can I say? Rob played 7 minutes against Alaska. He scored two points. He grabbed one rebound. Certainly, Caguioa's 24 points deserve more acclaim. Certainly, Billy Mamaril's double-double deserves more credit. Maybe they can't win without Caguioa. Surely they can win even without Rob. Highlighting Rob's role in Ginebra's current winning streak, however, carries more symbolic weight than numerical value.

"Ganun lang naman si Rob," Edgar shares. "Walang rekla-reklamo."

Remember Ed Ducut? He will never make it to the PBA Hall of Fame. He probably tallied more fouls than points. I'm not sure if you can find him on YouTube. He was Ginebra's perpetual back-up center in the 80s. Yet, somehow, he became Ginebra's perpetual crowd-favorite. I never got to meet Ducut. I hope he never complained about his playing time. I hope his reputation matched his personality. Because even if Ducut played a small role in Jaworski's old teams, he always did so with FPJ-intensity.

Edgar reminds me that faith works. His son wasn't even in Ginebra's active roster when the season started. Some even thought his son moved to the ABL. Since Rob rejoined Ginebra's line-up, the team has been undefeated. I can suggest that Rob's return has had a direct impact on Ginebra's resurgence. But we all know that's not the case.

Coaches adjusted the player-rotation. Mike Cortez was traded. Veterans took command.

Yet a proud erpats on the other end of a morning phone call is aware of the little things. Renewed success requires a Caguioa. Sustained success, I suppose, requires a Labagala. For every Jaworski, a Ducut must exist. For every Caguioa, a Labagala must endure. Isn't this the elusive harmony sought by deep teams? Some deserve the adulation of thousands. Others find support from the handful who believe.

"Si Rob just works hard," Edgar reiterates. "Alam ko naman good things will come eventually."

Our conversation ends. For the moment. Edgar enjoys talking. I enjoy listening. His son, meantime, enjoys playing for a team that doesn't need him to play like an MVP. Rob simply needs to play the Ducut way. - AMD, GMA News

Source: Gmanetwork.com
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala Empty Re: The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala

Post by geraldasakura Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 pm

OT: Nice one Kuya Rob.. Just keep up the good work and a bright future will come! Always work hard... Nevers say die..
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala Empty The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala

Post by garrett_jax Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 pm

It's 10:05 am. My cellphone rings. I check the name on the screen. I have learned to expect this call. I say to myself, "Oh it's him again." I say that to myself not out of exasperation. I say that with a smile, in fact.

Since meeting him inside the Araneta Coliseum last season, we have developed a kind of extended conversation. It's on and off. We can talk today and not talk again for weeks. Yet the conversation never stops. So right on cue, after Ginebra won their third straight game the night before, Edgar Labagala is calling. He's about to give my morning the turbo boost it needs.

"Good morning," Edgar, father of Ginebra third-unit point guard Rob Labagala, excitedly says. "What do you think of Rob's performance last night?"

"Steady as always," I reply. "I think fans like his energy."

What else can I say? Rob played 7 minutes against Alaska. He scored two points. He grabbed one rebound. Certainly, Caguioa's 24 points deserve more acclaim. Certainly, Billy Mamaril's double-double deserves more credit. Maybe they can't win without Caguioa. Surely they can win even without Rob. Highlighting Rob's role in Ginebra's current winning streak, however, carries more symbolic weight than numerical value.

"Ganun lang naman si Rob," Edgar shares. "Walang rekla-reklamo."

Remember Ed Ducut? He will never make it to the PBA Hall of Fame. He probably tallied more fouls than points. I'm not sure if you can find him on YouTube. He was Ginebra's perpetual back-up center in the 80s. Yet, somehow, he became Ginebra's perpetual crowd-favorite. I never got to meet Ducut. I hope he never complained about his playing time. I hope his reputation matched his personality. Because even if Ducut played a small role in Jaworski's old teams, he always did so with FPJ-intensity.

Edgar reminds me that faith works. His son wasn't even in Ginebra's active roster when the season started. Some even thought his son moved to the ABL. Since Rob rejoined Ginebra's line-up, the team has been undefeated. I can suggest that Rob's return has had a direct impact on Ginebra's resurgence. But we all know that's not the case.

Coaches adjusted the player-rotation. Mike Cortez was traded. Veterans took command.

Yet a proud erpats on the other end of a morning phone call is aware of the little things. Renewed success requires a Caguioa. Sustained success, I suppose, requires a Labagala. For every Jaworski, a Ducut must exist. For every Caguioa, a Labagala must endure. Isn't this the elusive harmony sought by deep teams? Some deserve the adulation of thousands. Others find support from the handful who believe.

"Si Rob just works hard," Edgar reiterates. "Alam ko naman good things will come eventually."

Our conversation ends. For the moment. Edgar enjoys talking. I enjoy listening. His son, meantime, enjoys playing for a team that doesn't need him to play like an MVP. Rob simply needs to play the Ducut way.

source: by mico halili,GMA News
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala Empty Re: The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala

Post by betterhalf Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:11 pm

meron na nito pre The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala 250319431
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 pm

san pre ......... merge ko na lang ............... The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala 250319431
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:38 pm

betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 pm

tnxs pre .................... halatang di na ako naglilibot ............ The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala 882568079
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 pm

hindi nman pre absent klang kahapon The Final Score: The return of Ginebra's Robbie Labagala 882568079
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down