ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big J leaves door open for return to game

Go down

Big J leaves door open for return to game Empty Big J leaves door open for return to game

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 am

Big J leaves door open for return to game

By Gerry Ramos
July 08, 2012, 09:42 pm

Big J leaves door open for return to game 4ff98d56a5489 Dudut Jaworski, pictured applauding his father, said he hopes the emotional rites would lead to a return to basketball for his legendary dad. Jerome Ascano

EVEN in retirement, Robert Jaworski remains an enigma.

Reading between the lines, the legendary player hinted the door may still be open for a possible involvement in basketball. In what capacity, the Big J wouldn’t say.

“I really wanted to do and put together many matters that would be shared not only by talking,” said the cage superstar and former senator in a talk with the media on Sunday.

“I still look forward to doing that with the help of people that believe in me and people that shared the same vision.”

The 66-year-old basketball icon played his last PBA game in 1997 during Game Six of the Ginebra-Purefoods All-Filipino Conference Finals.

As coach, he stayed on until 1998 before he joined politics. He was elected Senator that same year and served his full six-year term until 2004.

Between then and now, Jaworski, voted one of the 25 Greatest Players in PBA history, admitted that he continues to follow the developments in the league.

“I tell you, while you haven’t seen me most of the time in the tournament, my heart was there and I watched it intently and still continue to learn how to best play the game up until now na itinaas na `yung jersey ko,” he said.

Proof that he still watches the game, the Big J stayed on and got a glimpse of the main game featuring Barangay Ginebra and Petron, at one point even going over the bench of the Kings just before the start of the second half.

His son and namesake, Dudut Jaworski, said he hopes the well-attended rites will lead to his dad's return to the game he loves.

"Sana," he said. "Let's hope this will pave the way."

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down