ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ginebra Coach On Way Out?

+2
MR. FAST
skyscraper
6 posters

Go down

Ginebra Coach On Way Out? Empty Ginebra Coach On Way Out?

Post by skyscraper Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 am

Ginebra Coach On Way Out?
By WAYLON GALVEZ
May 28, 2012, 9:05pm

MANILA, Philippines --- Barangay Ginebra coach Siot Tanquingcen’s decision not to use one of his players during Sunday’s game against B-Meg may cost him his job.

Tanquingcen benched rookie forward Dylan Ababou and this reportedly did not sit well with team officials who have now questioned his coaching credentials.

According to a source who is privy to management thinking, some team officials in the San Miguel sports echelons wondered how the coach could have missed using Ababou who is not in any way suffering from any injury.

The same source said Tanquingcen’s failure to use Ababou was “uncacceptable.” Some also used the word “mysterious.”

Officials said losing to B-Meg was not a problem, it’s the way Tanquingcen handled the team.

Under these circumstances, it’s almost a given that Tanquingcen, who has won three PBA championships and was runnerup twice, is on the way out as the source who hinted about management’s disappointment oftentimes uses the media to presage personnel movement involving players and coaches.

The source even mentioned some possible replacements such as assistant coach Marco Januz Sauler, and former Sta. Lucia Realty and Tanduay coach Alfrancis Chua.

When contacted yesterdayTanquingcen admitted that he lost track of the situation and also wondered how he could have missed using Ababou who played in Ginebra’s 103-85 win versus Air21, where he played 23 minutes and scored nine points with three rebounds.

“I know it’s not a popular decision, I actually asked myself why I didn’t use him,” said Tanquingcen.

But Tanquingcen justified his decision, citing the pressure some coaches face.

“Going into the game, you can only try to pick and chose the players you want to use. (And regarding my decisions, I have to ), live with it.”

Tanquingcen explained that Ababou share playing minutes at the small forward position with fellow rookie Allein Maliksi and veteran Nino Canaleta, who played 16 and 18 minutes respectively against B-Meg finishing with seven points each.

In Ginebra’s opening game versus Air21, Maliksi played 16 minutes with 13 points, while Canaleta was scoreless in eight minutes.

“Sometimes, the minutes of players get mixed up. Like our import Cedric Bozeman, he can play 1-2-3 positions. Mike Cortez plays the point guard but he can also play the 2. As much as I want to please all the players, that my dilemma, sometimes I can’t do that.”

Tanquingcen understands also that there’s a possibility for him to be replaced, particularly if Ginebra fails to do well this conference.

“I’ve been in that position, so I know it can happen again. For me, I’ll always try to do my best each game to help the team win. I management wants to replace me, that’s not in my control anymore,” said Tanquingcen.

Source: Manila Bulletin
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 17217
Humor : #OustNoliEala

Back to top Go down

Ginebra Coach On Way Out? Empty Re: Ginebra Coach On Way Out?

Post by MR. FAST Tue May 29, 2012 10:02 am

topic moved
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue May 29, 2012 10:06 am

“I know it’s not a popular decision, I actually asked myself why I didn’t use him,” said Tanquingcen.

WTF! kahit ikaw di mo talaga alam ang dahilan? Ginebra Coach On Way Out? 2135860313
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 am

Naiinis ako sa mga maling decision nya sa pagbalasa ng mga players pero parang di ako sang ayon na palitan sha kagad..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by athankings Tue May 29, 2012 10:50 am

cguro nga na pressure lang xa, actually mhirap talaga mging ciach ng most popular team, dahil madami ka kritiko .
athankings
athankings
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 5740
Humor : I may look tough, but inside I'm easily broken. My words may seem strong, but inside I've never spoken.

Back to top Go down

Post by MythicalV Tue May 29, 2012 11:04 am

Ang hilig kasi mag experimento
MythicalV
MythicalV
MVP
MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Tue May 29, 2012 11:31 am

But Tanquingcen justified his decision, citing the pressure some coaches face.

“Going into the game, you can only try to pick and chose the players you want to use. (And regarding my decisions, I have to ), live with it.”

10 players palang naman ang nagamit mo ang sabhin mo ayaw mo tlgang gamitin si dylan..hindi pwede ung mga alibi mo
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by ruxs_14 Tue May 29, 2012 7:18 pm

puro kasi mismatch ang hinahanap ni coach siot kaya ayun si hatfield binabantayan din jems yuck tapos si canaleta kahit off night binbantayan pa ri nya kay jems
ruxs_14
ruxs_14
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 2739

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down