ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton

5 posters

Go down

Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton Empty Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton
Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton James-forrester-2614

Fans feel Ginebra's James Forrester has the quickness and athleticism to match up well with fellow rookie Justin Melton, who has taken advantage of mismatches to make an impact in San Mig's backcourt alongside Mark Barroca. Jerome Ascano

WHILE Justin Melton is making a splash for San Mig in the PBA Philippine Cup playoffs, an online clamor is beginning to snowball among Barangay Ginebra fans who want to see James Forrester match up against his fellow rookie.

Forrester vowed he will be ready when that happens.

“Three more games in the semis, so if I get the chance to play, I’ll be ready," said the former star of the Arellano Chiefs in the NCAA who was taken No. 4 overall in the last PBA rookie draft - four places ahead of Melton.

Fans feel the 6-1 3/4 Forrester has the quickness and athleticism to match up well with Melton, who has taken advantage of mismatches to make an impact in San Mig's backcourt alongside Mark Barroca.

Unlike Melton, Forrester has yet to get a break with the Gin Kings, having played a grand total of four minutes in the San Mig series and nine games in his pro career, averaging 1.2 points and 1.1 rebounds.

The Fil-Canadian guard, however, understands his situation considering he’s buried in a deep Ginebra backcourt rotation that includes LA Tenorio, Mark Caguioa, Jayjay Helterbrand, Eman Monfort and Josh Urbiztondo.

“I’m just trying to be patient. I understand  what coach Ato (Agustin) is doing, trying to go with players who’s got playoff experience,” said Forrester, referring to Tenorio and Co.

Still, Forrester said he’s happy to know that Ginebra fans appreciate his skill, although he insisted that he is leaving it all up to Ginebra coach Ato Agustin to make the call.

“I’ll just leave it up to coach Ato, though I’m glad the fans would support me,” he said.

While waiting for his big break, Forrester said he is thankful to teammates like former league MVP Caguioa, who has supported and encouraged him to put in the work so he could keep getting better.

“One of the biggest things I learned from Kuya Mark is that there’s a reason why I’m in the PBA. He was telling me that I have skills, which I shouldn’t let go to waste,” said the 23-year-old Ginebra rookie.

“So I just have to be professional about it and play my game because confidence is the very key especially if you’re a bench warmer.”

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton Empty Re: Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton

Post by betterhalf Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:25 pm

kaso kabado pa ito. mas ok pa si josh nalang
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton Empty Re: Finding Forrester: Ginebra rookie declares readiness amid clamor to match him up with Melton

Post by MR. FAST Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Mahirap isalang yan lalo na't wala pang kumpyansa imbes na makatulong baka maging liability pa..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:28 pm

kung match-up lang kay melton ............ pwde na si minionfort o josh (maybe) ...........

si barok, kayang bantayan ni ellis .......... #game4
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by raqui2101 Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:21 pm

maglalaro na ba si josh sa game 5?
raqui2101
raqui2101
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:44 am

may balita makakapaglaro na daw si Fireball sa Game 5 pero not sure..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down