ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals

5 posters

Go down

‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals Empty ‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:44 am

‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals
‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals Japeth-aguilar-ginebra-san-mig-game-4

PBA/Nuki Sabio
Barangay Ginebra San Miguel forward Japeth Aguilar isn’t getting his usual numbers in their PLDT Home DSL Philippine Cup semifinals series with the San Mig Super Coffee Mixers.

For him, though, none of that matters as long as the Gin Kings get the wins.

In Game Four, he only scored seven points but grabbed 10 rebounds, blocked two shots, and scored on a crucial follow-up that put Ginebra up 82-79 in the last 1:18 of the game.

“I did the rebounding kanina. The points will come. I’m not worried about not making my 20-point games. That will come,” Aguilar said after the game.

“Basta yung sa ‘kin, I want the team to enter the finals and eventually get that trophy so that everyone will be happy.”

He acknowledged his struggles in Game Three, where he shot poorly. His coach Ato Agustin said he needed to control himself and not force things offensively.

“That’s true. Nung Game Three, gigil ako. I wasn’t making my usual shots. I was three out of 10. Yung mga move ko, yung mga drive ko in that game, usually I make them eh. I was gigil. Tapos yung mga free throw ko, they were long. Kaya kanina medyo nag-control ako kanina,” said Aguilar.

He said the San Mig Coffee defense is taking away his usual spots but he doesn’t mind adjusting his game to counter that.

“Yeah. They’re taking away my drives. So ang ginagawa ko, pinapasa ko na lang, usually kay Greg. Maganda yung pagka-cut niya sa basket kanina. We had one crucial layup from him,” he said.

“Yung role ko lang is to be there inside. Mga pulot pulot. Ok lang kahit ganoon muna ako.

“Sa akin, I’ll do anything to win.”

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals Empty Re: ‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals

Post by MR. FAST Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 am

Yan ang attitude! yung puntos bonus nalang talaga mas kelangan ng team sayo yung energy at yung pagkuha ng mga defensive rebounds kasi madalas natatalo tayo sa offensive rebounds..
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals Empty Re: ‘Anything to win’: Japeth Aguilar OK to sacrifice scoring to help Ginebra to finals

Post by wnc19 Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Nice attitude, sign of maturity na yan for Japeth
wnc19
wnc19
Bench Player
Bench Player

Male Posts : 333
Humor : SVS or nothing =D

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:32 pm

sana nga yan muna ang isipin mo japeth .......... rebounding at defense ....... second option lang ang scoring mo ..........
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by raqui2101 Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:22 pm

sana wag muna isipin ni japeth ang individual award... champion muna ng team... go japeth rebound ang kailangan sayo ng team, score darating at darating yan sayo, sa laki mo ba naman eh....
raqui2101
raqui2101
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down