ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on

5 posters

Go down

Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on Empty Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on

Post by MR. FAST Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on

On the eve of his trip back to the United States, Ginebra import Vernon Macklin was in his condominium unit in Ortigas. With hands on his waist, he stared at two large bags and wished his t-shirts and pants would just pack themselves.

You know how some people don’t like eating ampalaya? That’s how Macklin dislikes packing for trips.

I wonder if the need to find luggage space for, perhaps, a PBA Best Import Trophy or, maybe, a pile of championship shirts would’ve made the bothersome chore of packing more bearable for Macklin. A critic might say he’s stuffing his bags with stuff, yet he’s going home empty-handed.

He didn’t win the Best Import Award. He didn’t win a PBA championship.

However, if Macklin had to physically pack his emotional experiences for his flight back to Virginia, I believe two spacious balikbayan boxes wouldn’t suffice. He arrived in Manila as simply a replacement import. He’s leaving Manila, even after Alaska swept Ginebra in the Finals, as an import with stories to tell.

“It was definitely a great experience,” Vernon said. “I was warned before coming here that Ginebra had a crazy fan base. And the people who told me this were right. It was a wild experience.”

Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on 2013_05_19_21_06_00
Ginebra import Vernon Macklin (R) gave all that he could in the Finals, despite an injury in the Finals. KC Cruz

Ginebra
fans saw something distinct in Macklin. Granted, they liked him because he could score 37 points in one game. But it had to be more than just the arrow-like jump-hooks and the rim-bending alley-oops. He had a special rage. Even Aaron Aban saw this first-hand. He wanted to win, badly. It was an unmistakable aura that inspired awesome fan artwork, made the Big Dome shake, and caused fans to roar.

That same special rage also pushed Macklin to play on, even if he was hurt. Because of a deep bruise on his right thigh, an injury he sustained during the semifinals against Talk ‘N Text, he entered the Finals with compromised mobility. Facing Alaska’s excellent defense, he felt like he was playing with a hollow block strapped to his right thigh.

“I tried everything to make it heal,” Vernon recalled. “I tried the hot tub, cold tub, used padded tights. I kept trying to avoid getting hit. But in my position, it was impossible to avoid. It was also the mental pain. I just tried to fight through it.”

I’m not surprised many Ginebra fans want to see Macklin back. It’s better to see a hurting man try his best than to see a perfectly healthy athlete not try hard enough. I also won’t be surprised if Macklin, even if he hates packing for long trips, returns next year. I suspect a man with infectious rage hates unfinished goals more than anything else.

“I believe Ginebra’s never-say-die motto really means something,” Vernon admitted. “We kept that never-say-die spirit. I tried everything I could. I was depressed. I hate to go out like that. The guys told me to come back. After everything we’ve been through this season, I want to go back.” - AMD, GMA News
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on Empty Re: Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on

Post by betterhalf Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 pm

sana mkabalik tlga sya next year
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on Empty Re: Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on

Post by MR. FAST Tue May 28, 2013 2:42 pm

Babalik yan sigurado! at sigurado next yr champion na tayo pag sha ang import Ginebra import Vernon Macklin played hurt and played on 3150767647
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Tue May 28, 2013 2:44 pm

wag lang conflict sa sched baka kasi may salihan syang liga
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by nolzky83 Tue May 28, 2013 6:15 pm

sana nga sya uli import natin...
nolzky83
nolzky83
Mythical 5
Mythical 5

Male Posts : 1187

Back to top Go down

Post by raqui2101 Tue May 28, 2013 8:34 pm

unfinish business... sigurado babalik siya at sana mas gumaling pa sya....
raqui2101
raqui2101
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post by wnc19 Wed May 29, 2013 12:28 pm

sana available sya pagbalik nya next year, vmack version 2.0, hehehe
wnc19
wnc19
Bench Player
Bench Player

Male Posts : 333
Humor : SVS or nothing =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down