ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been

+2
MythicalV
Ginebra Tambayan
6 posters

Go down

After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been Empty After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:22 am

After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been

Jaemark Tordecilla · Wednesday, April 18, 2012 · 11:03 pm

After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been Chrisalexandernickfazek

By halftime of Game Four of the Commissioner’s Cup semifinals between B-MEG and Ginebra, an interesting statistic emerged: the Llamados had 16 offensive rebounds while the Gin Kings only had 14 defensive boards. That meant that when B-MEG missed a shot, more often than not, the Llamados ended up with the ball.

It was a terrible state of affairs, and even though Ginebra performed better off the boards in the second half — the Gin Kings ended up with 23 defensive rebounds against 18 offensive rebounds for the Llamados — B-MEG ended up with the 108-84 win to clinch the series.

To illustrate B-MEG’s dominance in the paint, Denzel Bowles scored 34 points on 13-of-18 (72%) shooting from the field. It underscored the issue of a lack of presence in the paint for the Gin Kings, bringing to fore a controversial import change in the conference.

It didn’t help that Jackson Vroman, Ginebra’s highly-touted replacement import, struggled in the series, averaging a meager 10.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in the semis. Vroman flew in to replace the popular Chris Alexander three games into the tournament. After Ginebra’s elimination, fans wondered aloud whether the decision to change imports doomed the Gin Kings’ chances.

Alexander, after all, was a true center, and his presence could have helped Ginebra in the paint against B-MEG’s giant frontline. Vroman, meanwhile, was a natural power forward who wasn’t at his most comfortable when banging bodies down low.

To be sure, Alexander wasn’t exactly at his best for Ginebra. The 7-foot import may have been popular, but he was less effective in his three games with the team than he had been in his first PBA stint in the 2007-08 Fiesta Conference, wherein he led the Gin Kings to the title. After averaging 19.3 points, 20.1 rebounds, and 3.46 blocks four years ago, Alexander’s numbers were down in his return, putting up just 14 points and 17 rebounds in three games, and was a non-factor in games against Alaska and Rain or Shine.

If Alexander was merely out of his groove, he never got a chance to get into rhythm, as Vroman was signed to take his place. The moved shocked not just Ginebra fans, but players as well. In a halftime interview during Vroman’s first game, Mark Caguioa, the heart and soul of Ginebra, expressed his preference for Alexander instead of their new import.

In fairness to Vroman, the change paid immediate dividends for the Gin Kings, as he led them to four wins in six games, all the way to an improbable automatic semifinals seat. Still, with a miserable performance in the B-MEG series, he took a lot of blame for the loss.

But it wasn’t just fans who wondered out loud whether bringing in Vroman was right for Ginebra. Alexander, who is back in the country to play for ASEAN Basketball League’s AirAsia Philippine Patriots, monitored Game Four on Twitter to root for his old team. When the game was over, he poured his heart out online.

“My insides are burning right now. I saw my good friends fall today and without me,” he wrote.

“Damn, I hate that they lost. Not saying I am the one who would have helped them win, but at least I could have a reason as to why I was not there to help.”

Alexander laid the blame for his departure on San Miguel Corporation executive Noli Eala, whom he accused of not giving him enough of a chance.

“All I can say is, Noli Eala, I bet your face is full of smiles right now. Thanks for the pink slip, buddy!” he wrote on Twitter.

Alexander implied that Eala never gave him a good reason for bringing in a replacement. “You don’t have to tell me nothing, but I know people will ask you that question for a long time!”

He also said he believed Ginebra coach Siot Tanquingcen didn’t want him replaced.

Later, Alexander apologized to his Twitter followers for his outburst, saying he was just carried away by the hurt he felt over Ginebra’s loss.

Eala, for his part, chose not to respond to Alexander on Twitter, instead sharing a message of encouragement for heartbroken Ginebra fans. “We consider Ginebra’s loss as a big challenge to become better in the short and long term. Tough times test character. Ginebra will bounce back,” wrote the former PBA commissioner.

Source: Interaksyon.com
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been Empty Re: After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been

Post by MythicalV Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 am

hmmm agree ako sa article na ito although isa rin ako sa mga tao na gustong mapalitan si Alexander, it turns out na mali pala. Ang problema kasi kay Alexander yung stamina. ay Ewan tapos na naman eh... haha!
MythicalV
MythicalV
MVP
MVP

Back to top Go down

After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been Empty Re: After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been

Post by MR. FAST Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 am

ang plastik mo EALA! After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been 3608650072
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by MythicalV Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 am

TIGAS ng MUKHA ni EALA hahahaha
MythicalV
MythicalV
MVP
MVP

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 am

plastic na matigas ................. OROCAN .............. After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been 2716121197
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by miller06_joey Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:02 pm

SHET ANG MANAGEMENT NG SMC. DAPAT ISA NA LANG TEAM OWNER SA PBA PARA MAIWASAN ANG BIGAYAN! SMC PETRON AT BIIK MEG LANG PINALALAKAS ANG GINEBRA PURO DAMATANS BINIBIGAY SHETT!!

miller06_joey
New comer
New comer

Male Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by skyscraper Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:04 pm

miller06_joey wrote:SHET ANG MANAGEMENT NG SMC. DAPAT ISA NA LANG TEAM OWNER SA PBA PARA MAIWASAN ANG BIGAYAN! SMC PETRON AT BIIK MEG LANG PINALALAKAS ANG GINEBRA PURO DAMATANS BINIBIGAY SHETT!!

Wala na tayo magagawa jan kabs! lagi talaga kawawa ang team After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been 492140349

OT: kabs, 2nd reminder nato. Please avoid all capslock character po. Salamat! After loss, Ginebra fans, ex-import Alexander rue what could have been 1510611536
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 17217
Humor : #OustNoliEala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down