ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sweet Ginebra Pain

5 posters

Go down

the sweet ginebra pain - The Sweet Ginebra Pain Empty The Sweet Ginebra Pain

Post by geraldasakura Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:59 pm

the sweet ginebra pain - The Sweet Ginebra Pain Tumblr_m7i1b2En521qc2m9uo1_500

A short message from a sports related Twitter account drained the life out of me.
Raymundo misses triple; B-MEG wins #ManilaClasico

B-MEG wins. B-MEG wins. B-MEG wins.

It’s been well over eighteen hours since that fateful tweet graced my timeline.

It’s been several months since I last watched a Ginebra game live.

It’s been about four years of championship drought.

Four long, grueling, heartbreaking, life altering years of thirst for a championship.

And when everything seems to be falling into their rightful places, it ended with a put back that came off of a missed bucket with a breath remaining in the game.

Last breath taken. Game is over. Time to move on.

But between the last breath that was taken and the time to move on, one little thing happened.

The moment that final buzzer went off, the moment that time clock expired, the moment that tweet was posted, hundreds of thousands of hearts were broken.

Scratch that.

Hundreds of thousands of hearts were ripped out, smeared with coarse sea salt, chewed by some caveman, spitted on the hand and played with like Play-Doh, then thrust back in to the rib cage.

Terrible. Painful. Excruciating.

It felt like your ass was Avada’d, then raised from the dead just to be crucio’d back into the grave again.

For a long time last night, I just sat and stared at the computer screen letting the grief consume me.

Die hard fans of Ginebra. Together in it, but alone.

Together wrapped in misery of the two point loss, but alone in dealing with the pain of being almost there and not making it.

Manong might be driving his jeepney with agony at the lost bet.

Ate might be washing the dishes with sadness at the PJ Simon put back.

Kanto boys might be drinking Ginebra with anguish at Kerby’s missed trey.

But do you want to hear something funny? We still come back.

After all the stomping that has happened to our weary hearts, we still come back.

We still fill the Big Dome up to its damn rafters even after all these years of desolation.

Why?

Because we are Ginebra fans.

The fans that other fans love to hate.

The fans that bemoan every missed call.

The fans that complain losses like we own the league.

But most importantly, we are the fans that even after several beatings, many losses, and countless heartbreaks, still stand by our team like we’ve been winning the hardware every single conference.

Si Manong driver. Si kuyang construction worker. Si ateng saleslady. Si Buboy. Si Sandra.

Every Ginebra fan might be feeling down and out, but pain is okay, lest important.

Because this pain will only make that next conference more exciting, that next game more thrilling, and not to mention, that next championship much sweeter.

So, just like last year, the other year, and the year before that, let’s wait for the comeback of our favourite Gin Kings.

Our favourite Gin Kings who, win or lose, always left every single thing they’ve got on the court.

Our favourite Gin Kings who, win or lose, will come back hungrier than they were last night.

Our favourite Gin Kings who, win or lose, has made us all proud.

So. Damn. Proud. Every. Fucking. Time.

The Gin Kings have played well, gave us that shimmering hope of another shot at glory, but everything has come to a screeching halt.

This tourney has all come to an end for Ginebra, for you and for me and the entire human race.

Pain is inevitable. Embrace it, revel in it.

But don’t let it swallow you whole, because just like every single day, it ends, and a new morning dawns upon each and every one of us.

I woke up to torrential rains and howling winds today.

Seems fitting with how things went last night.
No, I’m not feeling down and mellow.

I’ve let this rain wash away my sorrows while eating homemade chocolate and listening to Rachel Wong’s Invisible Strength, waiting on the promise of sunshine tomorrow.

Or next day. Or next week. Or on September 30.

Author:I'm a Knee
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

the sweet ginebra pain - The Sweet Ginebra Pain Empty Re: The Sweet Ginebra Pain

Post by weirdwitch Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:40 am

masakit talaga ang pagkatalo pero we have to accept it

ang ipinag dadasal ko na lang sana wag masyado damdaming ng Ginebra Players yun at wag maka- apekto sa confidence nila...
weirdwitch
weirdwitch
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 711
Humor : "ayokong nasasanay sa mga bagay na pwede namang wala sa buhay ko"

Back to top Go down

the sweet ginebra pain - The Sweet Ginebra Pain Empty Re: The Sweet Ginebra Pain

Post by rhone Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:21 pm

to BGK team ....

just forget the last friday game it should be a lesson .......

you need to move on .....

focus on your practice games and plays....

and to the ROLE on your team...

on your team chemistry...

you must one goal and one vision....

see you next season our CHAMPION TEAM BARANGAY GINEBRA KINGS 2012-2013 ................. :hellohat:

rhone
rhone
Draftee
Draftee

Male Posts : 89
Humor : Friendly

Back to top Go down

Post by geraldasakura Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:21 pm

rhone wrote:to BGK team ....

just forget the last friday game it should be a lesson .......

you need to move on .....

focus on your practice games and plays....

and to the ROLE on your team...

on your team chemistry...

you must one goal and one vision....

see you next season our CHAMPION TEAM BARANGAY GINEBRA KINGS 2012-2013 ................. :hellohat:

:welcomes: rhone sa tambayan! Keep on posting lang palague ang always Never Say Die! apir ng madami!
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:29 am

Topic Moved!
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am

Our favourite Gin Kings who, win or lose, has made us all proud.

dito ako..alam ko nman na ginawa nila lahat ng makakaya nila
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down