ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea

3 posters

Go down

After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea Empty After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:28 am

After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea Chris-alexander-nick-fazekas

Unhappy with the way he was released by Barangay Ginebra, Chris Alexander rejected an offer from San Miguel Corporation and is instead making a return to South Korea.

The seven-foot import, who was cut after three games for the Gin Kings in the Commissioner’s, refused SMC’s offer to make him an import of the San Miguel Beermen in the Asean Basketball League.

Instead, the NBA veteran is bringing his act back to the Korean Basketball League, where he is set to replace Reggie Okosa as the import of the KT Sonic Boom, according to sports site Jumpball Korea.

The Beermen instead signed another recently-cut PBA import, Jarrid Famous, who played for Meralco.

Alexander led the Gin Kings to their last PBA crown in the 2007-08 Fiesta Conference, but the coaching staff decided to replace him with US-born naturalized Lebanese player Jackson Vroman, a veteran of the FIBA Asia Championships.

Although Alexander felt bad about being replaced, the returning import appreciated the way Ginebra fans treated him.

“Thank you for all the support BGK faithful. It is business and not personal. As hard as it is for me to say goodbye, I have to. All you guys have been so helpful. When I was released from the NBA Oklahoma Thunder, I was not this hurt and the reason is because I love this damn team so much and the players and the fans. I will miss all the chat from all of you. I love u guys,” said Alexander in his Facebook account.

But Alexander thinks his replacement will be a big asset for the Gin Kings’ campaign moving forward.

“Although I am no longer here, I still wish the players luck and win the championship. I think Vroman will help a lot and should help a lot. Love all you guys and thanks for the love,” he added.

Source: Interaksyon.com
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea Empty Re: After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea

Post by skyscraper Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 am

From PBA to ABL?! WTH!
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 17217
Humor : #OustNoliEala

Back to top Go down

After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea Empty Re: After rejecting Beermen offer, Chris Alexander headed to South Korea

Post by skyscraper Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 am

chris alexander ‏ @chrisalexande29

if ur heart is not in it then u will never be happy!! I think my heart is still in the Philippines!!
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by athankings Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 am

goodluck ca44 :mamats:
athankings
athankings
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 5740
Humor : I may look tough, but inside I'm easily broken. My words may seem strong, but inside I've never spoken.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyscraper Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 am

balita ko tinanggihan nya din ang KBL?
skyscraper
skyscraper
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down