ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer

4 posters

Go down

Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer Empty Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 am

Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer
By Nelson Beltran (philstar.com) Updated February 12, 2012 10:21 PM

Manila, Philippines- Jayjay Helterbrand eluded defender Alex Cabagnot then scored on a twisting double-pump off 6-foot-10 Nick Fazekas at the buzzer as Barangay Ginebra opened its campaign in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup with an 84-82 nail-biter over Petron Blaze at the Smart Araneta Coliseum tonight.

Fazekas made an incredible three-pointer to tie the count at 82 with 3.9 seconds left but Helterbrand got away with a hair-raising shot of his own as time expired, giving Ginebra a triumphant start in the mid-season tourney following a sixth-place finish in the Philippine Cup.

The Kings squandered a 22-point first-half lead but pulled through just the same while also drawing tremendous efforts from returning import Chris Alexander, old star Mark Caguioa and new recruit Kerby Raymundo.

Alexander produced 21 points and 24 rebounds as against Fazekas’ 37 markers and 18 boards in their fierce showdown.

“The play was really designed for Jayjay (Helterbrand). But the coach already had nothing to do with what happened. Jayjay created that shot,” said Ginebra coach Siot Tanquingcen on Helterbrand’s winning shot.

“We turned the ball over too much and we hurt ourselves with those errors. They were quick to fight back from a big deficit because of their transition plays. But I have to give it to the guys. They hung in there,” Tanquingcen also said.

NOTES: Former Smart Gilas coach Rajko Toroman is back in town to formalize his deal with San Miguel Corp. where he will work as consultant. He was at the Big Dome last night……RoS assistant coach Caloy Garcia called the shots for their team with head coach Yeng Guiao out of the country.

Source: The Philippine Star
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer Empty Re: Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer

Post by MythicalV Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:56 am

Nice Win for us! sobrang thrilling!! It's all about The Good News!
MythicalV
MythicalV
MVP
MVP

Back to top Go down

Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer Empty Re: Helterbrand saves Kings at the buzzer

Post by markchico05 Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:44 am

pang classical un game heheheh..

markchico05
New comer
New comer

Male Posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by athankings Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:54 am

the fast & the furious is back :gudjob:
athankings
athankings
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 5740
Humor : I may look tough, but inside I'm easily broken. My words may seem strong, but inside I've never spoken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down