ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar

+3
betterhalf
MR. FAST
Ginebra Tambayan
7 posters

Go down

LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar Empty LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 pm

LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar
LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar Bf3f0a97-7a9e-47af-8628-8de89513c306_c15

Prior to the start of the PBA Philippine Cup, the Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings were tabbed as early favorites. After an up-and-down season riddled with injuries to key players, the Kings were finally healthy and more importantly, they filed the gaping hole in their lineup.

They responded to the lofty expectations with an 86-69 drubbing of the San Mig Coffee Mixers in the opening of the new conference. After the game, some members of the media converged on Greg Slaughter, the rookie center who had 10 points and 13 rebounds. Two smaller groups talked to Japeth Aguilar who topscored for Ginebra and Dylan Ababou who returned from a long layoff to score 16 points in just 17 minutes.

LA Tenorio didn’t get as much attention. “Sawa na ata sila sa akin (Maybe they’re already tired of me),” Tenorio japed. He wasn’t the story of the game but he was the one who made everything work and for Tenorio, this was all that matters. Ginebra over Best Player of the Game awards. Ginebra over personal accolades. Ginebra over anything else.

He proved this when he failed to win the PBA’s Most Valuable Player award last season. Tenorio watched and clapped as Arwind Santos raised the trophy. He went a step further by defending Santos from all the bashers the award came with.

“Deserving naman si Arwind (Arwind deserves to win),” Tenorio would tell anyone who’d hear it. Asked if he felt bad about not winning, his simple answer is that it was never his goal.

“Kung mararating ko man iyun, e di masaya (If I ever get to that point, I’ll be happy),” Tenorio said. “Pero hindi talaga yan ang goal ko e (But that’s not my goal).”

Led by Tenorio, the Kings went on a dream run in last season’s Commissioner’s Cup. They powered through the injury of Mark Caguioa to reach the Finals. They were swept by Alaska but his individual brilliance made Tenorio the talk of the town.

"Naka-isang Finals appearance lang ako last season pero naging MVP contender na ako. Kung matulungan ko yung Ginebra na makapasok ng tatlong beses sa Finals o manalo ng championship, syempre mas malakas yung possibility ko na makuha yun (I only had one Finals appearance last season but I was already considered an MVP contender. If I lead Ginebra to three Finals appearances or championships, the possibility of winning the MVP award will be bigger),” Tenorio explained. “Ang goal ko talaga yung championship kasi yung individual awards kasunod lang palagi nun (My goal is just to win championships because individual awards only come after that).”

Tenorio is Ginebra’s general, the GINeral as his fans would say. Like a true general, Tenorio is tasked to run everything for his team. He instructs and inspires. He makes his teammates play better but he takes control when the need comes.

The point guard scored 17 points and dished out 10 assists in their win but he walked out to little fanfare. A few shrieks of his name were heard as he walked out of the arena, an explosion cheers thundered came when Mark Caguioa did the same.

ALSO READ: Danny Ildefonso's birthday greeting for June Mar Fajardo

But again, like how he didn’t mind Santos winning the MVP, Tenorio also does not mind when Caguioa gets all the cheers.

"Si Mark sobrang daming fans at sobrang mahal ng mga tao. Di na mababago yan (Mark has a lot of fans because he is loved. That will never change),” Tenorio explained. “I’d love to be the face of Ginebra someday, but now it’s still Mark Caguioa.”

Tenorio doesn’t mind playing alongside Caguioa. Unlike other two-superstar setups that usually don’t work in the PBA, the two have a tremendous working relationship with each other.

“Nakuha ko na yung loob niya, nakuha niya na rin yung loob ko,” Tenorio explained.

They communicate constantly with each other and this allows them to function without stepping on each other’s toes. This allows them to just concentrate on winning without thinking of outperforming the other.

“Alam na niya na mahihirapan siya sa depensa ng San Mig kasi may game plan si coach Tim Cone para kay Mark (He knew that he’ll have a hard time against San Mig’s defense because Tim Cone has a game plan for him), Tenorio shared. “Pag nahihirapan siya sinasabihan lang niya ako na diskartehan ko na lang (When he’s having a tough time, he just tells me to do my own thing).”

With their win against the Mixers, the last champions of the past season, the expectations soared higher for the Kings. Tenorio takes it upon himself to remind his teammates that they cannot be complacent. “Sinasabi ko sa kanila na mahina lang kami (I tell them that we are not strong),” he said.  “Kailangan yung mindset namin palaging underdog, kailangan palagi kaming gutom (We need to have the underdog mindset, we need to stay hungry).”

For Tenorio, being a general is not about getting medals of valor or other accolades. It’s not about winning battles. It’s not even about being loved. Being a general, being the GINeral, is about leading his team to a title, it’s about winning wars, about getting the job done. Tenorio stepped into this role with a willing heart and an able body. He also accepts that anything less than a title will be failure on his part.

The first battle was one against San Mig Coffee and the GINeral’s first message was to stay hungry.

“Ang daming teams na malakas sa papel pero wala naman yan sa papel e. Ang daming teams sa dapat mananalo pero di naman nanalo (There have been a lot of teams that were good on paper but it’s never about being good on paper. There are a lot of teams that should have won but didn’t),” Tenorio said. “Kailangan isipin lagi na dehado kami kasi dun lumalabas yung bangis at yung never say die ng Ginebra (We need to think we’re always at a disadvantage because that’s when the ferocity and the never-say-die attitude comes out for Ginebra).”

Source: Yahoo.sports.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar Empty Re: LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar

Post by MR. FAST Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:55 pm

No doubt sha ang hahalili kay JJ, ang hinihintay nalang naten sino yung magiging ka-tandem nya, Ababou? or Forrester? or Ellis?
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar Empty Re: LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar

Post by betterhalf Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Tenorio doesn’t mind playing alongside Caguioa. Unlike other two-superstar setups that usually don’t work in the PBA, the two have a tremendous working relationship with each other.

“Nakuha ko na yung loob niya, nakuha niya na rin yung loob ko,” Tenorio explained

nagka inlaban pa ata LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar 882568079 
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by garrett_jax Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:58 pm

^ MHL? ..............whahahahaha
garrett_jax
garrett_jax
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 9552

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. FAST Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Sha ang hahalili kay MC na pambansang pango ng Ginebra at ng PBA LA Tenorio is Ginebra's quiet superstar 2908833414
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Post by betterhalf Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:24 pm

tingin ko rin sya ang susunod sa yapak ni JAWO at MC

tsaka sure ako na kaya nya ng kahit mga 2 MVP dahil bata pa nman sya at lalong gumagaling habang tumatagal
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by ampogi Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:57 pm

gagawa ng sariling tatak si LA, tulad ni Jawo at ni MC; the three has different personalities and different styles of play; and surely, si LA ay magtatagal pa sa barangay at duon natin makikita ang mga maiko contribute pa niya sa team natin...long live LA....

ampogi
Bench Player
Bench Player

Male Posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post by raqui2101 Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:00 pm

THE NEXT MVP of the PBA
raqui2101
raqui2101
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

Post by ampogi Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am

MVP is coming soon....be blessed LA....

ampogi
Bench Player
Bench Player

Male Posts : 405

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Loyalist Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:43 am

Sa Ginebra lumabas yung laro niya. Scoring, passing and even sa rebounding. Though maganda na talaga performance niya sa Alaska, mas naging CONSISTENT yung laro niya when he was shifted to Ginebra.
NSD Loyalist
NSD Loyalist
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 2969
Humor : That's for me to know and for you to dot, dot, dot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum