ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics'

4 posters

Go down

Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics' Empty Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics'

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Sat May 11, 2013 12:25 am

Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics' Macklinsurrounded

VERNON Macklin is tired and all banged up, but he's ready to do whatever it takes to lead Barangay Ginebra to the championship.

Macklin was at the receiving end of hard contact, including what Ginebra coach Al Chua claimed were "cheap shots" against him. But the import kept his cool and kept moving forward in leading the Gin Kings to a 104-101 win over Talk 'N Text in Game Four on Friday night.

“Now I’m used to it (PBA physicality) right now. I just have to keep my head and play cool and just play hard,” said the former Florida Gator center who hit a PBA career-high 37 points on 11-of-17 shooting while going 15-of-19 from the line in the win that levelled the best-of-five series to 2-all.

Chua had accused Talk 'N Text defenders of playing dirty, claiming Ranidel de Ocampo deliberately hit Macklin in the groin. He also accused Ryan Reyes of punching the hard-working import, who Chua claimed was also the recepient of a head butt during Game Four.

But except for one instance when Macklin shoved de Ocampo and was called for a flagrant foul, Chua praised his import for keeping his composure.

"Vernon is not reacting," he said.

For Macklin, all that matters is repaying Chua's faith and leading Ginebra to the Finals.

“Coach wanted to put the ball into my hands and I want to play strong and win this game. So this win is really huge for us,” he said.

“We just want to come out strong and physical because they played very physical against us (in Game Three). We had to bounce back and get our run and play with aggressiveness.”

SOURCE: SPIN.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics' Empty Re: Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics'

Post by nolzky83 Sat May 11, 2013 11:22 am

taena to si ranidel kababayan ko pa naman tinitira sa yagbols si vmack buti na lang hindi sinapok ni vmack, kundi tapos na tayo loko din pala maglaro yang si ranidel....
nolzky83
nolzky83
Mythical 5
Mythical 5

Male Posts : 1187

Back to top Go down

Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics' Empty Re: Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics'

Post by Sode No Shirayuki Sat May 11, 2013 11:31 am

^kabs, same sentiments here but just wanna remind you bout the t-word Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics' 848611417

Anyway, alam naman ng lahat na di reaksyonistang typo si VMac. Syempre nung nagalit sya, SIGURADONG may dahilan. May ibang fans lang talaga na nagmamagaling at feeling experto sa basketball. Dirty tactics? Diba plural yun- tacticS? Eh isang beses lang nangyari yun ah. Ang talino talaga nila. Macklin keeps his cool amid accusations of 'dirty tactics' 2908833414
Sode No Shirayuki
Sode No Shirayuki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female Posts : 686
Humor : Get ready and get happy. We're going to negotiate a fake truce and I don't want your attitude screwing it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by jianaustin Sat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm

ang maganda kay vmack, hindi nagsumbong sa media, oo nagalit sya during the game pero at least hindi iyakin kung baga nagsabi na lang sya sa coach, suwerte natin sa import na to..

jianaustin
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 749

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down