ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all

4 posters

Go down

Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all Empty Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu May 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all

By Nelson Beltran, The Philippine Star
Posted at 05/02/2013 9:34 AM | Updated as of 05/02/2013 9:41 AM

DAVAO, Philippines – Ginebra rookie high-flyer Chris Ellis looms as the new player to watch in the slam-dunk contest even as a host of worthy challengers are expected to give three-time Three-Point Shootout champ Mark Macapagal a tough challenge during the skills competitions of the 2013 PBA All-Star Week tomorrow at the Davao del Sur Coliseum in Digos.

Ellis, Ginebra's latest livewire performer, has been installed as the top bet to claim the crown to be relinquished by five-time undefeated champion KG Canaleta.

Canaleta, winning his fifth title in Laoag City last year, himself considers Ellis as the top choice, saying the 6-foot-4 Ginebra forward is an exciting midair artist that could well wow the crowd and gain the nod of the judges.

"I'll try to give a little show, try to do something for everybody. I've got some things lined up, but we'll see when I get there," said Ellis, among the players in the main bulk of the PBA contingent flying to this Mindanao premier city yesterday.

Two other rookie jammers in Calvin Abueva and Cliff Hodge and old participants Arwind Santos and Elmer Espiritu are entered in slam-dunk, the most-awaited individual event in the annual mid-season spectacle.

Meanwhile, wide-open battles are seen in Three-Point Shootout and in Obstacle Challenge, the other skills events ushering in the All-Star hostilities.

"I'm up against a tough field. All can light up the board in any given night. Worse for me is that I haven't touched the ball since we’re eliminated (in the PBA Commissioner's Cup)," said Macapagal.

"But, of course, I’ll try to defend my title. Hopefully, as champion, I'll be the last to shoot. When you're the last, you know the score you'll try to catch. They changed the rule last time around in Laoag. I was somewhere in the middle then," Macapagal added.

Canaleta, Josh Urbiztondo and Marcio Lassiter, the three other semifinalists last year, are back to challenge Macapagal.

Others in the elite list of participants are two-time PBA season MVP winners James Yap and Willie Miller, sophomore standout Jayvee Casio and rookie hotshot Chris Tiu.

Tiu is a dark horse, being a former two-time winner in the three-point shootout in the collegiate all-stars.

"I also haven’t touched the ball in a while, but I'll be there to have fun. The shooter who gets a good feel and good rhythm wins it," said Tiu.

Macapagal beat Canaleta, Urbiztondo and Lassiter in the finale last year, becoming the first three-time ruler of the competition. Before the Laoag edition of the PBA All-Stars, Macapagal, Allan Caidic, Jasper Ocampo and Boyet Fernandez shared the honors as two-time winners.

Villanueva looks for his own four-peat in the Obstacle Challenge where participants go through an obstacle course performing different basketball skills. The player who finishes the course in the shortest time wins the crown.

Out to foil Villanueva’s bid are Miller (himself a former three-time winner), Casio, Hodge, Mark Barroca, Simon Atkins, Ronald Tubid, Pamboy Raymundo and Paul Lee.

The FEU alum successfully defended the crown for the second time in Laoag, matching the three-year reign of Miller from 2006 to 2008.

The six-foot guard beat Lee in the final round by a heartbeat with the former clocking 31.3 as against the latter’s 31.3. LA Tenorio finished second runner-up at 43 seconds.

Miller (30.1), Alex Cabagnot (32.2), Rob Labagala (33.8), Jojo Duncil (36.3) and Jayvee Casio (36.5) were out after the elimination round.

Among those flying here yesterday were members of the PBA selection and those playing in the Legends Game. Members of Gilas Pilipinas followtomorrow.

Gilas Pilipinas and the PBA selection play in the All-Star Game Sunday.

Source: Abs-cbnnews.com
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all Empty Re: Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all

Post by nolzky83 Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 pm

"airforce ellis" na yan walang duda...
nolzky83
nolzky83
Mythical 5
Mythical 5

Male Posts : 1187

Back to top Go down

Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all Empty Re: Kings' high flyer tipped to outslam 'em all

Post by geraldasakura Thu May 02, 2013 2:24 pm

wag lang kabahan si Ellis kasi pressure sa kanya to, since day 1 slamdunk competition agad ang nasa isip ng tao. I know he can give us a good show!
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neljimz Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 pm

kayang kya ni Chris Ellis to....
neljimz
neljimz
First Five
First Five

Male Posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down