ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings

3 posters

Go down

Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings Empty Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings

Post by betterhalf Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings

Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings La-tenorio

“For sure, there’s something wrong with our offense. Kasi kadalasan, isusubo mo na lang yung layup, minsan lumalabas pa,” says Ginebra guard LA Tenorio. Jerome Ascano

LA Tenorio is at a loss to explain Barangay Ginebra's scoring funk in the PBA Commissioner's Cup.

The Kings have lost their first four games in the mid-season conference, their woes deepening after a 69-84 loss to Alaska on Saturday in a game in Tubod, Lanao del Norte where they could not seem to shoot straight.

“Scoring 69 points is not good,” Tenorio confided to Spin.ph, hours after arriving in Manila on Sunday. "I think our problem right now is more mental on the part of the players."

Ginebra's woeful start was initially blamed on out-of-shape import Herbert Hill. But now that a bigger and more intimidating Vernon Macklin is on board, Tenorio said the team knows the problem lies somewhere else.

On what it is, the 5-8 playmaker doesn't know for sure.

“For sure, there’s something wrong with our offense. Kasi kadalasan, isusubo mo na lang yung layup, minsan lumalabas pa,” the former Ateneo star said.

Tenorio himself has been a picture of inconsistency in the conference, and his numbers with Ginebra are much lower than the stats he put up for Alaska in this same tournament last season.

Through four games in the Commissioner’s Cup, Tenorio is averaging 9.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.7 assists, down from his 14.03-point, 5.3-rebound and 5.4-assist averages while still with Alaska last season.

The 28-year-old Gilas Pilipinas mainstay, however, insists the dip in his numbers is understandable considering the adjustments he had to make with the Gin Kings.

“Some people still compare me with my old role before sa Alaska. And that’s frustrating. Sa Alaska kasi, ako yung first option, I can do whatever I want. I can score, pass, do anything,” he said.

“But here in Ginebra, we have Mark Caguioa, Kerby Raymundo and other rookies who can score. In a way, parang fourth option na lang ako dito, and I have no problem with that. I’m willing to sacrifice for the team as long as we win,” Tenorio added.

Despite the team’s ongoing woes, Tenorio said they are doing their best to bring the old fire back.

“Sana sa Wednesday against Barako Bull, manalo na. Para matuwa din ang mga fans,” he said.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @richava

Source: Spin.ph
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings Empty Re: Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings

Post by MR. FAST Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Team work ang kelangan!
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down

Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings Empty Re: Tenorio at a loss to explain lack of offense of misfiring Ginebra Kings

Post by betterhalf Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm

subukan kaya ng coaching staff si LA ang gawin nilang main man
betterhalf
betterhalf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male Posts : 13764

Back to top Go down

Post by ASTIGinebra Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Mas maganda kung ang mentality ng team ay walang main man. ROS, Alaska and TnT ay may ganitong sistema. Nakaka-inggit man pero totoo.. Prang ang dali ng bball sa kanila pag naglalaro. Ang daming options.

ASTIGinebra
New comer
New comer

Male Posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum