ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing spell has chipped away at Kings' confidence, admits Helterbrand

2 posters

Go down

Losing spell has chipped away at Kings' confidence, admits Helterbrand Empty Losing spell has chipped away at Kings' confidence, admits Helterbrand

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

Losing spell has chipped away at Kings' confidence, admits Helterbrand

Losing spell has chipped away at Kings' confidence, admits Helterbrand Markcaguioajamesyap

Mark Caguioa shows the Kings' frustration after James Yap and Co. ran away
with a lopsided win. Jerome Ascano

THE confidence is obviously not there for a Barangay Ginebra squad that is currently on a funk in the PBA Philippine Cup.

Veteran guard JayJay Helterbrand admitted the Kings are not playing with swagger the way they should do, and the free fall has chipped away at the popular team's confidence as the losses pile up.

The latest loss came Sunday night when the league’s most popular ballclub fell to San Mig Coffee Mixers, 68-78, suffering their fifth straight loss in a game that should've been declared a no-contest had it been a boxing match.

“It seems to me no one has the confidence inside the floor, and it showed offensively and defensively,” said the former league MVP, the first player to emerge from the gloomy Ginebra dugout at the Big Dome after the mismatch.

“I think a lot of guys are really losing confidence, and that’s showing on the court.”

The Kings fell behind to the Mixers by as much as 22 points in a game that saw them held to just eight points in the first quarter.

In all, Ginebra shot 35 percent from the field on 29-of-81 clip.

Helterbrand, one half of the Kings' popular duo along with Mark Caguioa, was one of three players who sat out injured, aside from Kerby Raymundo (flu) and Dylan Ababou (knee).

Helterbrand is nursing a pulled hamstring and watching his team helplessly from the bench frustrates him.

“We’re playing bad, there’s no secret to that,” he admitted. “I don’t know what’s going on (or) what the problem is.”

Even a team meeting among players last week appeared to not have done the team any good judging from the way the Kings played against James Yap and the rest of the Mixers.

“Things we’re said, suggestions we’re made to make the team better. It's just that it didn’t work, I don’t know,” said the Fil-Am guard. “It’s gonna need more than just one meeting to turn the season around. Not just because we have a meeting everything will be perfect.”

For the moment, Helterbrand can only offer one thing to his beloved Ginebra squad.

“When thing is going bad, you have to stay positive. That’s all we could do right now.”

Follow the writer on Twitter: @gerardmos

Source: Spin.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

Losing spell has chipped away at Kings' confidence, admits Helterbrand Empty Re: Losing spell has chipped away at Kings' confidence, admits Helterbrand

Post by MR. FAST Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 am

“It seems to me no one has the confidence inside the floor, and it
showed offensively and defensively,” said the former league MVP, the
first player to emerge from the gloomy Ginebra dugout at the Big Dome
after the mismatch.

“I think a lot of guys are really losing confidence, and that’s showing on the court.”

parang walang NSD spirit sila..tsk
MR. FAST
MR. FAST
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 18119

Back to top Go down