ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards

4 posters

Go down

More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards  Empty More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Thu May 24, 2012 4:58 pm

More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards
By Alder Almo (philstar.com) Updated May 24, 2012 03:12 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Mark Caguioa returned last night from an eye injury to score 15 points on 5-of-9 shooting, providing the usual spark as the Kings hammered out a 103-85 win over Air21 Express to open Ginebra’s campaign in the PBA Governor’s Cup.

But the story did not end there.

There was also rookie Allein Maliksi, who likewise sparkled especially in the fourth period when the Kings finally put the Express away for good.

Maliksi, the former UST Tiger whose only claim to fame before plunging to the pros is becoming the PBA D-MVP, buried consecutive three-pointers and a short jumper in that telling run in the final canto.

He finished with 13 points on 6-of-9 shooting in just 16 minutes of play. Like Caguioa, Maliksi has just returned from a knee injury.

Caguioa, who will turn 33 in November, showed he is still the King. For one game, Maliksi, seven years younger, played like the young prince bidding to inherit Caguioa’s throne in the future.

Buried under Maliksi’s stellar debut for the Kings is fellow rookie and former UAAP MVP Dylan Ababou’s solid game – finishing with nine points on an efficient 3-of-5 shooting.

“At this point, it’s too early to tell but it’s good for them to build their confidence,” Caguioa told philstar.com.

Then a kid interrupted the interview and asked Caguioa: “Where is Jayjay Helterbrand?”

“He will be back on Sunday,” Caguioa replied, after which he stooped down to hug the kid before the interview resumed.

Caguioa and Helterbrand have struggled to share the floor together in the past few years with an assortment of injuries bugging them that prompted the management to infuse young blood to the team.

“At this point in my career, it’s no longer about the awards. Before, I admit I was selfish in terms of eyeing the awards. But now, the top priority is staying healthy and helping the team win,” said Caguioa, who is one of the prime candidates for the award, the only thing missing in his basketball resume.

Caguioa believes his run with his long-time friend and partner Helterbrand will go beyond this season.

“I think we’re still good for a few more years. As long as we’re healthy and Jayjay (Helterbrand) still wants it,” Caguioa said. “It’s hard to leave the fans, who have been always there for us.”

Maliksi and Ababou have a few more years to fully grasp what it takes to someday be like Caguioa and Helterbrand.

Makikita mo pag nasa playoffs na. Kapag nandun ang puso nila sa mga big games. Sa ganitong mga laro, it’s good to build their confidence pero sa playoffs mo talaga malalaman,” Caguioa said.

Source: Philstar.com

Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down

More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards  Empty Re: More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards

Post by rentboy Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Abangan natin sa playoffs kng mgppabilib ka ng Espana Express Idol. Hehe...
rentboy
rentboy
MVP
MVP

Male Posts : 1763

Back to top Go down

More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards  Empty Re: More mature Caguioa no longer eyeing individual awards

Post by geraldasakura Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm

sana nga tuloy tuloy at may consistent para pede din makapahinga kahit papaano si MC... i mean sa burden na walang aasahan sa team...
geraldasakura
geraldasakura
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 4115
Humor : I'm only responsible for what I say not for what you understand

https://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdwitch Sun May 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Sana magtuloy-tuloy na ang paggaling ni Mark Caguioa...

Please Lord God hand then the Governor's Cup...sana sila ang mag champion ngayong conference at sana si Caguioa ang maging Most Valuable Player...
weirdwitch
weirdwitch
First Five
First Five

Female Posts : 711
Humor : "ayokong nasasanay sa mga bagay na pwede namang wala sa buhay ko"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down