ginebratambayan.hooxs.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kings gun for equalizer

Go down

Kings gun for equalizer  Empty Kings gun for equalizer

Post by Ginebra Tambayan Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:43 am

Kings gun for equalizer
Monday, 16 April 2012 19:45
Joel Orellana / Reporter

BARANGAY Ginebra head coach Siot Tanquingcen admits their victory in Game Three would be worthless if they fail to level the series on Tuesday. That’s why the Kings, Tanquingcen stressed, must double their efforts against B-MEG in Game Four of their Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) best-of-five semifinal series in the Commissioner’s Cup at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

“I don’t think we have the momentum. ‘Situation remains the same. We still
have our backs against the wall. And it’s important to pick up the
energy level a notch higher,” said Tanquingcen, whose wards forced
Tuesday’s 6:45 p.m. game following an 88-79 win on Sunday.

Facing eliminations, the Kings were on their elements in Game Three, playing
solid defense from the get go and hitting the shots that were needed to
thwart B-MEG’s endgame rally.

Nino Canaleta came up huge offensively for Ginebra with 23 points, while Mike Cortez dished out a triple-double performance with 17 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists.
“Wala na ako mahihingi sa kanila especially kay KG [Canaleta] and Mike [Cortez]. Pitch-in, pitch-in na lang and that has to be the way kasi kapos eh. Tulung-tulong na lang kung sino man nandoon,” said Tanquingcen.

Jackson Vroman again struggled, scoring just eight markers on four-of-11 shooting and was 0-of-five from the free throw line. But he covered that up with his defensive intensity. Llamados head coach Tim Cone said they need to focus better on Tuesday.
“I’d like to say that we beat ourselves last game by playing with little focus and awareness. But I don’t want to take the credit from Siot [Tanquingcen] and their coaching staff and the way they prepared,” said Cone.

“But when our guys come out unfocused, it’s on me. It’s my fault. I’ll need to
have them better prepared for Game Four,” he added.

B-MEG forward Marc Pingris was ejected early in the game after incurring two technical fouls. Without Pingris, Cone lost one energetic guy who defends well and who occasionally contributes on offense.

Import Denzel Bowles also struggled in Game Three and was limited to just only
11 markers after averaging 21 points a game in Games One and Two. Bowles shot three-of-14 and made six of the team’s 18 turnovers.

Rising to the occasion for the Llamados in Game Three was JC Intal, who finished with 18 points in 18 minutes of action. He also hauled down eight rebounds off the bench.

If Ginebra wins, Game Five will be on Thursday.

Source: Businessmirror.com.ph
Ginebra Tambayan
Ginebra Tambayan
News Maker
News Maker

Male Posts : 1095

Back to top Go down